No announcement yet.

No match big Y is useless

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never add the plus after a haplogroup (like I-F1997). If I did, it would be only when the SNP is by itself (F1997+). If the hyphen/minus is in front, well I never see that happen actually. I would just assume the haplogroup letter was forgotten and therefore a typo.

Comment

Originally posted by clintonslayton76 View Post
      This responded today, and I do not know what "hg O3" person means, but it is gratifying to see the same info as you.

I am none the wiser about research, if any, on this SNP, esp as to why Ybrowse did not respond yesterday, but I have had some strange interactions between Win 10 Fall Creators and Google Chrome.

Perhaps the terminal SNP of F1997 will trigger more research, so let's keep a good thought.

Thanks!
      Isn't the SNP F1997 a private SNP only found in a certain family? I would think it would be restricted to that group and not necessarily widespread amongst people further up the haplotree?

Comment

Mentioned previously

Look back to Feb 7 at 1:13pm in my response to you and you will see that this is what my "I" Haplo admin says, and he is in disagreement with FTDNA for effectively separating me from A1890 matches.

It is not likely that very many of project members will go beyond a SNP pack because of the cost of Big Y, and none have been interested enough so far.

Previous SNP matches listed at FTDNA remain in my Haplo Project grouping, but they no longer show on FTDNA Big Y matches. I was able to make contact with a couple before FTDNA made them invisible and unknowable to me.
        Last edited by clintonslayton76; 17th February 2018, 01:19 PM. Reason: editing

Comment

testing for 1o-15 yrs SMGF YDNA gd 85% match, ftdna y dna 111 no match within ft limits, Bigy 500 analyse by yfull gd 36 - 50 +, y12 matches in many hunderds can be used for maping where people have migrated from and prob path 10 - 20, 000 yrs ago, coupled with atdna mtdna. SNP used to group our ancestors loosely. So in way Big Y 500 can be very use full. I find Y FULL more use full Scientific than other

Comment

Mentioned previously

Look back to Feb 7 at 1:13pm in my response to you and you will see that this is what my "I" Haplo admin says, and he is in disagreement with FTDNA for effectively separating me from A1890 matches.

It is not likely that very many of project members will go beyond a SNP pack because of the cost of Big Y, and none have been interested enough so far.

Previous SNP matches listed at FTDNA remain in my Haplo Project grouping, but they no longer show on FTDNA Big Y matches. I was able to make contact with a couple before FTDNA made them invisible and unknowable to me.
            I'm curious, on your Big Y matches page, can you see any branches above your terminal SNP F1997? Can you see the A1890 branch above? While I would agree that it seems odd that FTDNA would separate you from your matches in A1890, it still seems somewhat reasonable in one sense considering your terminal SNP, albeit restricted to a certain lineage is indeed your terminal SNP. My own terminal SNP is upstream of my two closest matches, who are downstream of me. I am negative for all the SNPs that define their branch except for my terminal SNP (obviously). Despite the fact that we are technically on two branches they are still relatively close (I use "close" loosely, in the span of ±1,700-1,850 ybp) matches.

Comment

I now have 0 matches at each step back up from F1997 (Z2535, CTS10937,Y3153, A1890). The last three have each showed up as my terminal on FTDNA.
              I used to have a Swedish gentleman at A1890, and YFull still shows us as + for A1890/1892. I have been in contact with him for years, but as of the new protocol, would not know that he existed were it not for YFull. I have no problem with getting a terminal SNP that is relatively novel, but do not understand how I lost that match. I recognized that we were not "close" at all, but since I cannot find my "new" terminal at ISOGG or YFull, I have to wonder what it means, with no YBP estimate or any other useful information from the FTDNA trees.
              While I have personal experience with purchasing SNPs at both FTDNA and YSeq.I have yet to talk a fellow member of my project to spend the money to test for a terminal SNP that is not recognized at YSeq. I have yet to see it testable at FTDNA (F1997), but explaining to another member how to find those and order tests is a daunting task..
              Last edited by clintonslayton76; 13th November 2018, 04:12 PM. Reason: clarity

Comment

While I have personal experience with purchasing SNPs at both FTDNA and YSeq.I have yet to talk a fellow member of my project to spend the money to test for a terminal SNP that is not recognized at YSeq. I have yet to see it testable at FTDNA (F1997), but explaining to another member how to find those and order tests is a daunting task..
                Have you tried 'Wish a SNP' at YSEQ? Item #1 in their Best Seller list on the right hand side of their home page.

Comment

Yes I have, but taking someone else through that process is the issue. In the past, I have been able to "surrogate" myself for users who have paid me to do this sort of thing for them by going through the process of ordering tor them, but this has become more and more difficult.

Comment

Working...
                  X