Finally got my big Y, a little underwhelmed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally got my big Y, a little underwhelmed

Finally got the Big Y I ordered in August. I can see I am J-PH2651 which is downstream of Z38463, S8230, CTS2906, all under M92. I can find a lot of literature for M92, but very little on anything downstream. I found this on the "matching" tab that says "currently no matches". I have no regular Y DNA matches either and was hoping to do some comparisons to the closest related other testers, however distant they may be. I do realize I paid for the SNPs, I still go to a 3rd party for additional analysis, and will receive more information as research becomes available and more people test. Do you think it is worth directly contacting any of the J-project admins? Do they already have access to my results if they are interested?

Try looking at

https://www.yfull.com/tree/J-S8230/

and

https://www.yfull.com/tree/J-Z8096/

and request your BAM so you can join them. But please remember that the best person placed to write the history of your terminal SNP is YOU!

Ask not what your haplogroup can do for you...

Comment

Originally posted by bvbellomo View Post
      Do you think it is worth directly contacting any of the J-project admins? Do they already have access to my results if they are interested?
      Admins will have access to some of the data, but admins may not know the results are in. FTDNA has not been notifying admins about new Big Y results. So the admin has to be actively looking to know. It wouldn't hurt to let them know. They may be able to tell you who is more closely related to you. The admins may have already grouped you with those closest to you.

Originally posted by ikennedy View Post
      Ask not what your haplogroup can do for you...
      Ha! I see what you did there.

Comment

Working...
      X