No announcement yet.

Big Y enhancements started Oct 10th

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is the count of Big Y results by day since the conversions began for those in the R1b project.

10/12 - 116
    10/13 - 127
    10/14 - 45
    10/15 - 51
    10/16 - 64
    10/17 - 80
    10/18 - 99
    10/19 - 83
    10/20 - 33
    10/21 - 63
    10/22 - 8
    10/23 - 0
    10/24 - 21
    10/25 - 170
    10/26 - 97
    10/27 - 133
    10/28 - 142
    10/29 - 148
    10/30 - 104
    10/31 - 57
    11/01 - 63
    11/02 - 89

So far today, the 3rd, 50.

Comment

We in Clan Donald are still paralleling Walsh's rate. We are up to 55%. R1a and R1b are now at essentially the same percent done. But infuriatingly the "interesting" or "important" kits are lagging badly. Mine was fairly early but its not "important" in terms of possible help from better read alignment.

Comment

Originally posted by dtvmcdonald View Post
        We in Clan Donald are still paralleling Walsh's rate. We are up to 55%. R1a and R1b are now at essentially the same percent done. But infuriatingly the "interesting" or "important" kits are lagging badly. Mine was fairly early but its not "important" in terms of possible help from better read alignment.
        Another 20 results have come in today since my post below (the last 6 hours). This is a good sign as usually nothing comes in during the middle of the day.

Comment

Two of my projects have over 60% new results in.
          So far none of the Big Y results from 2014 have come in. Batches 542, 544 and 575.
          Of course, my relatives Big Y results are in this group.

Comment

chugging along.

As of this morning the R-U106 project has 62% of the existing 1240 BigY results updated.

Comment

Originally posted by rivergirl View Post
              Two of my projects have over 60% new results in.
              So far none of the Big Y results from 2014 have come in. Batches 542, 544 and 575.
              Of course, my relatives Big Y results are in this group.
              We have several in those batches, including mine in 542.
              Still, they are avoiding the interesting ones. (Of course,
              they have no idea which ones these are.)

Comment

Are any of you seeing matches to the posted kits
                I have just one of many kits back
                Before the change it had 1000 matches
                Now it has ZERO and you all are saying 50-60% are back
                here is the Haplogroup from FTDNA

Your Confirmed Haplogroup is R-BY13975
                Search
                Haplogroup R-P312 is the descendant of the major R-P25 (aka R-M343) lineage and is the most common in Central Europe, Spain, France, Portugal, and the British Isles.

Comment

But we still don't have any matches.

Originally posted by wkauffman View Post
                  As of this morning the R-U106 project has 62% of the existing 1240 BigY results updated.
                  My dad's YFull is back, but we have no matches.

Does anyone know the meaning of the small blue markers and the pink markers with an 'N' in it

Comment

I can see definitely less matches (5-10%), but this time they look like somewhat relevant matches, that is they do not lead to a MRCA living 4 thousands or more years ago.

Mr. W

Comment

Originally posted by vinnie View Post
                      My revised results were updated a few days ago, and my one furthest downstream match appears, as he should. However, I have no upstream matches, and I know that there are several people who match us upstream, the more the further up the tree. Should I assume that these others haven't been processed yet? I'd be surprised if we're the only two J1 men who've been processed so far. Does anyone else have upstream matches?
                      Still wondering if anyone's seen any upstream matches who don't also match you on your terminal SNP - I haven't. I know they've still got a lot of kits to process, but unless I misunderstand, we should also see the names of people who match us upstream. Shouldn't we?

Comment

In one kit I have seen upstream matches that don't show up in the downstream match list. This kit currently has 1 match in the last step and 11 (10 others plus the same 1) in the 4 upstream steps. In other kits the downstream step matches are the ones who have so far shown up.

Comment

No matches and new unnamed variant

My brother's results were returned a few weeks ago. He had no matches and six unnamed variants. He matches a man named Cairns whose results were not yet complete.
                          The results for Cairns showed up last night. I looked to see what had changed on my brother's report. Still no matches, but this is not surprising--many people aren't seeing matches yet.
                          But one new unnamed variant was on my brother's list: 9200996. It was rated as high quality; Reference G, genotype C. Yet when I clicked on the chromosome browser, it shows 33 reads, all ancestral. Has anybody else seen this?

Comment

Here is the count of Big Y results by day since the conversions began for those in the R1b project.

10/12 - 116
                            10/13 - 127
                            10/14 - 45
                            10/15 - 51
                            10/16 - 64
                            10/17 - 80
                            10/18 - 99
                            10/19 - 83
                            10/20 - 33
                            10/21 - 63
                            10/22 - 8
                            10/23 - 0
                            10/24 - 21
                            10/25 - 170
                            10/26 - 97
                            10/27 - 133
                            10/28 - 142
                            10/29 - 148
                            10/30 - 104
                            10/31 - 57
                            11/01 - 63
                            11/02 - 89
                            11/03 - 91
                            11/04 - 42
                            11/05 - 40

Hopefully, today will be an up day again. We have 40 so far today and are about 65% done with the conversions.

Comment

Originally posted by ljonas View Post
                              My brother's results were returned a few weeks ago. He had no matches and six unnamed variants. He matches a man named Cairns whose results were not yet complete.
                              The results for Cairns showed up last night. I looked to see what had changed on my brother's report. Still no matches, but this is not surprising--many people aren't seeing matches yet.
                              But one new unnamed variant was on my brother's list: 9200996. It was rated as high quality; Reference G, genotype C. Yet when I clicked on the chromosome browser, it shows 33 reads, all ancestral. Has anybody else seen this?
                              I have the same unnamed variant but with 13 reads. Mine are all ancestral also.

Comment

Originally posted by ljonas View Post
                                Yes, and various permutations involving known variants listed as ancestral but the browser showing all derived, as well as
                                a location being called but clearly a nocall, or a nocall but clearly either ancestral or derived.

These all look to be in the usual suspect bad areas both on their browser and at the corresponding places on the Build 37 BAM.

Comment

Working...
                                X