No announcement yet.

Big Y enhancements started Oct 10th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My revised results were updated a few days ago, and my one furthest downstream match appears, as he should. However, I have no upstream matches, and I know that there are several people who match us upstream, the more the further up the tree. Should I assume that these others haven't been processed yet? I'd be surprised if we're the only two J1 men who've been processed so far. Does anyone else have upstream matches?

Comment

In my Walden project of the 5 Big-Y 2 are back
      and one has zero match the other has one match.
      We are a LONG way from done with this upgrade
      And until all are processed there will be matches
      from before that are missing
      Maybe by sometime in 2018 it will be done??

Comment

New Big Y - Why so few matches?

I don't know what's happening with the new Big Y but I'm extremely unsatistied.
        Now, I have only my two sons as matches and before, I had plenty of matches with more wide comparisons.
        Really deceived!
        How about you?
        How is it possible to get back the matches from the matching of the last Big Y?

Comment

FTDNA should say something

FTDNA is not doing itself any favors by not saying about the status of the BIGY update. A little info would go a long way.

Comment

Originally posted by bbdd View Post

Really deceived!
            You were not deceived.

Originally posted by bbdd View Post

How is it possible to get back the matches from the matching of the last Big Y?
            You can get your old matches back simply by waiting.

Originally posted by satyricon View Post
            FTDNA is not doing itself any favors by not saying about the status of the BIGY update. A little info would go a long way.
            They already give out a little info. I think what you really want is more info. Either way all the info in the world won't speed this up.

Comment

Here is the count of Big Y results by day since the 17th that are in the R1b project.

10/17 - 80
              10/18 - 99
              10/19 - 83
              10/20 - 33
              10/21 - 40
              10/22 - 9
              10/23 - 0
              10/24 - 21
              10/25 - 170
              10/26 - 86
              10/27 - 133
              10/28 - 142

There is still a long way to go. I would wait before diving to deeply into things as I think there will be some adjustments needed along the way and the matching isn't really useful until everyone is processed.

Comment

im a member of the r1b project, is my big y going go to you automatic or do i download to you

Comment

Originally posted by mwwalsh View Post
                  Here is the count of Big Y results by day since the 17th that are in the R1b project.
                  10/27 - 133
                  10/28 - 142
                  My numbers follow the identical pattern. I'm now essentially at 50%, and R1a is at 42%.

This is enough R1a to show that the B38 project has uncovered
                  4 markers that were proviously called by Full
                  Genomes but not BigY. One of those is surely a synonym
                  of previously known markers, but is too upstream of CTS4179 for me to locate its position. It is 20348281/rs775775806.

The others may or may not split clades downstream of L448.

Complete knowledge awaits a FULL set of BED/VCF files.

Comment

10/17 - 80
                    10/18 - 99
                    10/19 - 83
                    10/20 - 33
                    10/21 - 40
                    10/22 - 9
                    10/23 - 0
                    10/24 - 21
                    10/25 - 170
                    10/26 - 86
                    10/27 - 133
                    10/28 - 142
                    10/29 - 148

We have 54 so far today, the 30th.

People don't realize how many Big Y testers there but we still have a long way to go. Look at the stats for the R1b-P312's Big Tree.

http://ytree.net/Stats.php

You will see that he has "4839" kits shared (by the kit owner) for Family Tree DNA. These are the Big Y's. There are over 24 times more Big Y's than its nearest competitor in genetic genealogy.

This haplogroup, R1b-P312, is just one piece of R1b and it is not everyone, just everyone who shared.

Based on what I see in projects I estimate there about 15,000 Big Y's that FTDNA has and is converting to Hg38.
                    Last edited by mwwalsh; 30 October 2017, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the information to all of the above posters.

I agree that patience is needed, but FTDNA is a company that provides a service for which they receive compensation.

I think we can live with the initial issue of a woefully off the mark time estimate to get the completed refined Big Y results back to ALL of their customers. However, like many others, I haven't received one word from the company regarding this issue or an updated estimated completion date. That is the part of this that is 100% inexcusable.

Corporate communications 101 - people can deal with bad or disappointing news, they get really pissed off when there is NO news.

Comment

Quinny71, I recommend you register over on the Grumbles and Gripe category of this forum.

http://forums.familytreedna.com/forumdisplay.php?f=237

Comment

10/17 - 80
                          10/18 - 99
                          10/19 - 83
                          10/20 - 33
                          10/21 - 40
                          10/22 - 9
                          10/23 - 0
                          10/24 - 21
                          10/25 - 170
                          10/26 - 86
                          10/27 - 133
                          10/28 - 142
                          10/29 - 148
                          10/30 - 104
                          Last edited by mwwalsh; 31 October 2017, 08:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mwwalsh View Post
                            Quinny71, I recommend you register over on the Grumbles and Gripe category of this forum.

http://forums.familytreedna.com/forumdisplay.php?f=237
                            Thank you for the suggestion, however, it appears that only 1 person from FTDNA reads these posts, so that seems to be a waste of time.

I did contact them directly to ask for an updated ETA for my results.

Comment

Originally posted by Quinny71 View Post
                              Thank you for the suggestion, however, it appears that only 1 person from FTDNA reads these posts, so that seems to be a waste of time.

I did contact them directly to ask for an updated ETA for my results.
                              I have found that general complaints don’t help for about anything in life so I go with the direct request thru the contact/feedback function and then do it again in about 4 days with the same request ID.

Comment

The problem with vcf file sizes is solved for us with only say 200 files.

You real can, at least on a PC, trivially copy the URL
                                to download the file and email it to your GAP admin and
                                its easy. We don't need actually NEED the button like they
                                have for the BAM.

WHY didn't I try this? Answer: I assumed that they put
                                in the copy link button for BAMs because it was necessary,
                                as opposed to just nice and friendly.

Comment

Working...
                                X