Big Y enhancements started Oct 10th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dna View Post
    Am I the only one who finds it confusing that the entry field for Unnamed Variants comes pre-filled as SNP Name Search ? Position Search, like in the other tab, would be a better choice.
    That box shows up as Position Search for me in Unnamed Variants tab not SNP Name Search like it does in Named Variants tab.

Comment

Its now very clear that FTDNA is using some sort of predetermined scheme to tell them the order in which they will be doing the Build 38 updates.

I have about 38 out of 209 files that I consider "most interesting". These are of course related. They've now done
      30% of the 209, but zero of the interesting ones. A couple of ones just outside the interesting zone are done. The most interesting zone is YP330+.

There was before the build 38 issue a problem with these files in how they were "matched" on their web page; the placement on their tree was almost correct and the files themselves quite normal. I think that sets of files with "issues" may be being held back.

Comment

Interesting ....

yesterday, Friday the 20th, exactly ZERO new Build 38 people were reported done, out of about 150 left to do.

Did other group admins see new ones appear?

Comment

Originally posted by dtvmcdonald View Post
          Interesting ....

Did other group admins see new ones appear?
          Our surname project got a new one this morning. We now have 1/3 of the results.

Comment

I got one this morning also. At one per two days
            it will take till next August.

Comment

Originally posted by dtvmcdonald View Post
              I got one this morning also. At one per two days
              it will take till next August.
              Yes, something slowed down yesterday and today. The following are the completed Big Y results the last few days for the R1b project. Keep in mind it is a large project - 15,539 members.

https://www.familytreedna.com/groups/r-1b/about

10/17 - 80
              10/18 - 99
              10/19 - 83
              10/20 - 33
              10/21 - 40

By the way, I invite all R1b (M343, P25, M269 or anything downstream to join).

Comment

Some interesting news. Files are still coming in at the new slow pace.

But some of the Clan Donald specific SNPs have appeared. Maybe they only put a SNP in the known list after the first file with it appears. If this is true they have started processing our R1a files. Maybe some ill appear soon.

Comment

Still waiting for my dad's and brother's tests to update. It would've been nice if I'd gotten a message that they were doing this upgrade too, but nope, no email at all. I had to come onto the forums when I noticed that they both suddenly were 'awaiting results' of the Big Y which they had taken in 2014 and 2016 respectively to find out what the heck was going on...

Comment

Originally posted by jedikatie View Post
                    Still waiting for my dad's and brother's tests to update. It would've been nice if I'd gotten a message that they were doing this upgrade too, but nope, no email at all. I had to come onto the forums when I noticed that they both suddenly were 'awaiting results' of the Big Y which they had taken in 2014 and 2016 respectively to find out what the heck was going on...
                    Some testers got notified in advance. Maybe even more than 50% got notified.

In a recent e-mail from FTDNA, I have noticed a statement that e-mail notification settings have to be renewed each year. And that is coming from the terms of service requirement of the mailing company. I will be redoing the settings for all my family members tonight or tomorrow.

Mr. W

Comment

It would've been nice if I'd gotten a message that they were doing this upgrade too, but nope, no email at all.
                      Are you still using the email address linked to your kit? Have you checked the Spam/Junk folder? Have you ever clicked the "unsubscribe" button from one of their emails in the past? Have you ever gotten emails from FTDNA other than new matches and new results?

Comment

Originally posted by The_Contemplator View Post
                        Are you still using the email address linked to your kit? Have you checked the Spam/Junk folder? Have you ever clicked the "unsubscribe" button from one of their emails in the past? Have you ever gotten emails from FTDNA other than new matches and new results?
                        Yes, I'm still using the email on those kits (it's the same email address I've been using for the past 22 years). No, I've never clicked on unsubscribe, and yes I have gotten emails from FTDNA for other things before.

Comment

Originally posted by dna View Post
                          In a recent e-mail from FTDNA, I have noticed a statement that e-mail notification settings have to be renewed each year. And that is coming from the terms of service requirement of the mailing company. I will be redoing the settings for all my family members tonight or tomorrow.
                          Mr. W
                          I put my email address in my contact information in 2002 and have never re-entered it. I get messages from FTDNA on a regular bases.

Comment

mwwalsh: did you get any results yesterday? If so, how many?

My rate was zero yesterday.

Comment

... yes I have gotten emails from FTDNA for other things before.
                              Have you checked the Spam or Junk folder? The previous email was sent out Oct 18. You could try a search for "[email protected]" without the quotes to see if it turns up.

Maybe your email splits your inbox in a similar way as Gmail does. With Gmail some FTDNA emails automatically fall into the "Promotions" tab as the system assumes its a promotional message rather than in the regular "Primary" inbox. Hotmail for example, has something like that with "Focused" and "Other" tabs at the top of the inbox messages.

Comment

My own Batch 38 online results arrived tonight.

I see why people are not sending me their VCF files:
                                there isn't one, nor the bed. At least not yet.

Checking the "new" novel variants, there are three
                                above the 57,000,000 line, of course totally wacko.

There are three in the good areas: these were known before
                                to me from my own calling program and, if I recall correctly,
                                are all useless synonymous ones far upstream. I can't
                                check tonight because my server is being backed up.

One other R1a-YP330+ file arrived, in a different Clan subgroup. This is good.

Comment

Working...
                                X