Meaning of a snp match

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meaning of a snp match

Hi I got my big-Y results back recently on kit 588629 I have 3 matches With my haplogroup R-A10318 One is a McGregor and 2 are Macinvails. We match with 12 novel variants and 0 known SNP differences. I know that tells me that some where in the distant past we have a common ancestor but does it tell me anything else? I haven't got my BAM file yet so I have yet to get the Y-Full analysis.

You might want to send in your data to the Big Tree ( http://ytree.net/ ) as well. It only focuses on people who are R-P312 and downstream which includes you. The analysis is free. The instructions page tells you how to send in your data. You do not need to have your BAM ready for that unless Alex, who runs that site, asks for it.

This branch appears to be the one you will placed in based on what you have said. As for YFull, it might be the case that your closest matches have not uploaded to YFull. The closest I could find to your branch there is R-Z255. At minimum upload to the Big Tree. It tends to have better detail than YFull.

Comment

Working...
    X