Current Big Y processing time

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Current Big Y processing time

Does anyone have an idea of how long it's taking to process a Big Y test these days?

I ask because I had ordered one for my maternal uncle during the 2016 Holiday sale, which was batched on Dec. 7, 2016. The expected date has changed four times now, from the original 1 Feb - 15 Feb 2017, then today to 29 Mar - 12 Apr. His haplogroup is estimated as E-M35 (originally as M34) by FTDNA, but the project admins feel he is likely predicted E-L791.

Contrast that with another Big Y I ordered from the 2015 Holiday sale, which was batched on 31 Dec. that year. Those results were expected 24 Feb - 9 Mar 2016, but they came in on 8 Feb.

I am trying to keep hope that it is not a problem with the sample, but just a delay due to volume of tests to be processed.
    Last edited by KATM; 16th March 2017, 08:19 AM.

my Big Y was about the same day as yours. But I received my results in mid January.

Comment

Wow, your results came quickly!

Hmm, makes me wonder if enough sample was left. FTDNA did complete a Y-111 test (upgrade from existing Y-67), which was batched on 23 Nov. 2016, and got results on 12 Dec. Previously the Y-67 and a Family Finder test had been done.

Comment

I've had a few project members who ordered at the beginning of the sale last year and had very quick results, just 2 1/2 weeks in batch 703 and 704.
        2 others in batch 703 took a little over 5 weeks.
        1 man in batch 706 had results in 4 weeks.
        1 man in batch 714 from mid Jan is still waiting, expected date has moved to 27 Mar to 10 April. He may have had to supply a new sample.
        A recent test came in, ordered 11 Feb, in batch 722, took 4 weeks.

Comment

Thanks, rivergirl. My uncle's Big Y is in batch 706. It's been 14 weeks so far.
          His Y-111 upgrade was in batch 704, and took under 3 weeks to get results.
          Last edited by KATM; 17th March 2017, 08:31 PM.

Comment

If it is any help: I ordered mine late in the 2016 sale and was in batch 709. It was put back once and came through last week.

Comment

Thanks, Conat. Still "awaiting results," but I check about twice a day. Here's hoping it will be completed soon.

Comment

Still in limbo!

To update, the Big Y result on which I've been fairly stoically waiting has now been postponed for the eighth time. That is, for a Big Y test assigned to batch #706 on 17 Dec. 2016, the expected date was originally 1 Feb. - 15 Feb., and at each of the ending date ranges given for an expected date, it was changed to the next two week period. The latest was expected 10 May - 24 May, and has now (as of 10 May) been changed to 24 May - 7 June.

I submitted a support request using the contact form on 21 March, and never got a reply. If something was wrong with the sample, I think I would have heard of it by now, so I'm left wondering what's going on.

Has anyone else been experiencing such a delay?
                Last edited by KATM; 11th May 2017, 01:33 PM.

Comment

This doesn't sound right and I would like to look into it. Can you please send me a private message with the kit number and a contact email address. I'll check in and see what may be going on.

-Darren
                  Family Tree DNA

Comment

Thank you Darren. I've sent you a private message.

Comment

Working...
                    X