SOMEONE AH-OHDED!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SOMEONE AH-OHDED!!!!!!

In my HAPLOTREE/SNP I am FGC925, up from there I am FGC7559. I got my BIG-Y back and have been studying it; and I have a "FGC1558", BUT I HAVE "NO" FGC 7559????? AH-OH!!!!!!!

Big-Y reports SNPs that are not on FTDNA's current tree, therefore FTDNA does not report those SNPs in the classification they report.

Comment

Originally posted by htb View Post
      In my HAPLOTREE/SNP I am FGC925, up from there I am FGC7559. I got my BIG-Y back and have been studying it; and I have a "FGC1558", BUT I HAVE "NO" FGC 7559????? AH-OH!!!!!!!
      Are you saying that FGC7559 is showing green in the FTDNA haplotree at https://www.familytreedna.com/my/y-dna-haplotree but FGC7559 is not found in the BigY results of known SNPs?

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Barrett View Post
        Big-Y reports SNPs that are not on FTDNA's current tree, therefore FTDNA does not report those SNPs in the classification they report.
        FGC7559 is in the haplotree but it is not in the BigY page of known SNPs and the corresponding position of 10061360 is not there either and neither is the synonymous name of S3590. That's the opposite situation from what you posted about.

Comment

Someone AH-OHED

Originally posted by Armando View Post
          Are you saying that FGC7559 is showing green in the FTDNA haplotree at https://www.familytreedna.com/my/y-dna-haplotree but FGC7559 is not found in the BigY results of known SNPs?
          YEAP, that's what I is saying. FGC7559, is in my HAPLOTREE/SNP, but it NOT in my BIG-Y, FGC1558 is; so I was WONDERING if FGC1558 "MAY BE" a mis-ptint???

Comment

Ybrowse

Browse has it

FGC1558 Details

Name: FGC1558
            Type: snp
            Source: point
            Position: ChrY:22233732..22233732 (+ strand)
            Length: 1
            allele_anc: C
            allele_der: G
            count_derived: 0
            count_tested: 0
            isogg_haplogroup: unknown
            load_id: FGC1558
            mutation: C to G
            primer_f: TBD
            primer_r: TBD
            ref: Full Genomes Corp (2013)
            ycc_haplogroup: unknown
            primary_id: 111236
            gbrowse_dbid: chrY:database
            >FGC1558 class=Sequence position=ChrY:22233732..22233732 (+ strand)

Comment

YEAP, that's what I is saying. FGC7559, is in my HAPLOTREE/SNP, but it NOT in my BIG-Y, FGC1558 is; so I was WONDERING if FGC1558 "MAY BE" a mis-ptint???
              Is FGC7559 green or black in the haplotree? There is a meaning behind the color of the SNP.

Comment

Browse has it

FGC1558 Details

Name: FGC1558
                Type: snp
                Source: point
                Position: ChrY:22233732..22233732 (+ strand)
                Length: 1
                allele_anc: C
                allele_der: G
                count_derived: 0
                count_tested: 0
                isogg_haplogroup: unknown
                load_id: FGC1558
                mutation: C to G
                primer_f: TBD
                primer_r: TBD
                ref: Full Genomes Corp (2013)
                ycc_haplogroup: unknown
                primary_id: 111236
                gbrowse_dbid: chrY:database
                >FGC1558 class=Sequence position=ChrY:22233732..22233732 (+ strand)
                Just because it is in Ybrowse does not mean that it is going to be in BigY results. It could still be in the BAM file but some SNPs like DF27 still aren't in the BigY results or the BAM even though it is in Ybrowse.

Comment

Originally posted by Armando View Post
                  Is FGC7559 green or black in the haplotree? There is a meaning behind the color of the SNP.
                  I meant to ask, Is it green or brown in the haplotree. Green is Tested Positive and brown is Presumed Positive.

Comment

FGC1558/FGC7559

In the HAPLOTREE FGC7559 is GREEN, but I just checked my BIG-Y and put in FGC7559 and it say - "Currently no matches"!!! NOW I did do a "L48-Pack" some time of go; BUT, my BIG-Y is NEWER!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Comment

In the HAPLOTREE FGC7559 is GREEN, but I just checked my BIG-Y and put in FGC7559 and it say - "Currently no matches"!!! NOW I did do a "L48-Pack" some time of go;
                      Thank you for answering about the color and also letting us know that you did an SNP pack previously. So that explains why it is green.

BUT, my BIG-Y is NEWER!?!?!?!?!?!?!
                      It doesn't matter that it is newer. What matters is how the DNA is tested and how the results are reported. If the BAM file is analyzed by an expert such as YFull and reports that there is not a result for FGC7559 then it wasn't tested successfully by BigY. If the analysis shows a result then it just means that FTDNA doesn't include it in the report and that isn't all that unusual and it is no big deal since you are positive for downstream SNPs. In the last conference they said that they are going to release a Big Y Browser. "This allows us to see depth, confidence score, and investigate why they called or did not call something"
                      http://www.ancestorcentral.com/12th-...ealogy-sunday/

Comment

SOMEONE AH-OHDED

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X