Big Y Results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Y Results

My results came back with Halogroup R-S6189 and I am wondering where do I go from here? I have one match in my Halogroup which I have contacted with the surname Stewart. The other Halogroups in my Matches were R-S6185, R-DF21, R-L21 and R-DF13. Not sure how to proceed as my goal was to prove that my 5th Great Grandfather was born in Scotland as his grandson claimed in his biography. Thanks for any guidance provided.

Joining any relevant projects and seeking guidance from the amins may help you, also consider having the data analyzed by Y Full ans see where you fit into the Y tree https://www.yfull.com/tree/R1b/

Comment

What to do next

After I had my Big Y test done, I went to Full Genomes Corporation for analysis as well as YFull. The Full Genomes Corporation analysis was much better in that they were able to get me further along the Y Tree to J-FGC24630, whereas YFull still has not caught up and are lagging behind I believe at the marker J-PH185. I know these SNPS don't mean anything to you, but my point is that if you want to get the best info possible, I'd spend my money at Full Genomes Corporation. The only real benefit to YFull is that you get STR markers from your Big Y test as well as a nice user interface....

Comment

Originally posted by poorejj View Post
        After I had my Big Y test done, I went to Full Genomes Corporation for analysis as well as YFull. The Full Genomes Corporation analysis was much better in that they were able to get me further along the Y Tree to J-FGC24630, whereas YFull still has not caught up and are lagging behind I believe at the marker J-PH185. I know these SNPS don't mean anything to you, but my point is that if you want to get the best info possible, I'd spend my money at Full Genomes Corporation. The only real benefit to YFull is that you get STR markers from your Big Y test as well as a nice user interface....

YFULLs tree will ALWAYS be incomplete compared to the trees that are maintained within the various R1b haplogroup projects. They don't have the hundreds of submitted samples that are present in the various R1b projects. ytree.net, R-U106 and FTDNA's trees will be the more complete and up-to-date. The U106 age estimate work is moving into other areas of R1b. That specific feature from YFull may become a standard output for some of the R1b project BigY analysis efforts.

Comment

Working...
        X