Big Y SNP mutation rate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GregK View Post

Have you looked at them in the results browser? Might just not have been enough high quality reads to give a result for those SNPs.
    I wish I could share a screenshot on here, anyways, BY43076 & BY43077 are snps that Edward has that I do not. The other unnamed non matching snp that Edward has is my only private variant, begins with 238.

Best regards, Doug

Comment

Originally posted by DWFlineage View Post

I wish I could share a screenshot on here, anyways, BY43076 & BY43077 are snps that Edward has that I do not. The other unnamed non matching snp that Edward has is my only private variant, begins with 238.

Best regards, Doug
      I ordered BY43076 & BY43077 at yseq so I can confirm whether I have them or not.

Best regards, Doug

Comment

Originally posted by DWFlineage View Post

Best regards, Doug
        Did you choose "Show All" in the "Derived?" column when searching for the SNPs?

I know in my case for SNP Y83303 it is one of the SNPs that defines the new terminal block (R-FT89450) that was created from my results and those of one other person, but I don't show it as derived in my results... I believe they need at least ten positive high quality reads to confirm it automatically.

But it seems on manual review they considered it a match anyway based on these 6 reads.

y83303.png
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by GregK View Post

Did you choose "Show All" in the "Derived?" column when searching for the SNPs?

I know in my case for SNP Y83303 it is one of the SNPs that defines the new terminal block (R-FT89450) that was created from my results and those of one other person, but I don't show it as derived in my results... I believe they need at least ten positive high quality reads to confirm it automatically.

But it seems on manual review they considered it a match anyway based on these 6 reads.

y83303.png
          Just tried that, "Show All" in the "Derived" column, no results for either of those two snps that my great-nephew has and I do not. His paternal great-grandfather was my birth father, so there is 3 generations in between us. I have one unnamed snp variant that he does not have. I have ordered the tests at yseq, so we will see. Our autosomal dna results match our relation.

Best regards, Doug

Comment

Working...
          X