Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upcoming new Big Y features, lower price?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upcoming new Big Y features, lower price?

"The current price of our Big Y test is under $600, and like everything else in technology the price will fall or the offering will become larger," said Bennett Greenspan, president of Family Tree DNA, one of the firms that offers Y chromosome sequencing services. "I think the test will become more mainstream as we begin to offer more features that surround the product later this year," he said. "That, along with a somewhat lower price, will likely make it a much more mainstream product next year."
    From https://www.genomeweb.com/sequencing...e-y-chromosome, Jun 26, 2015 (paywall)

Originally posted by KSDA View Post
    Apparently, you can read the article without payment if you go to it directly from a google search hyperlink. Click the top result (from GenomeWeb) on this search result page.
    Last edited by lgmayka; 27 June 2015, 12:05 PM.

Comment

More features?

Like putting the mtDNA fback in the BAM file?
      LOL

Comment

Originally posted by lgmayka View Post
        Apparently, you can read the article without payment if you go to it directly from a google search hyperlink. Click the top result (from GenomeWeb) on this search result page.
        Thank you!

That did work and I was able to read the full article. However, I could not find anything there to report beyond what was quoted in the first post.

W. (Mr.)

Comment

I would be happy with the current features if they actually worked on a consistent basis.

Comment

I might finally break down and order my bigY if they pull this off.

Comment

Working...
            X