15% discount on Big Y ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15% discount on Big Y ?

This was posted deep in another thread (and also in another venue), but it deserves highlighting here:
    ---
    I just want to make sure everyone knows you do actually have a discount on Big Y (and other tests) going right now...

"Discount code jam15p is good for ALL ORDERS OVER $98.
    That means $86.25 off the cost of BIGY = $488.75 with the discount.
    This code expires June 21, 2015 per FTDNA"
    ---

I have not yet tried this code myself.
    Last edited by lgmayka; 16 June 2015, 08:41 AM.

Originally posted by lgmayka View Post
    This was posted deep in another thread (and also in another venue), but it deserves highlighting here:
    ---
    I just want to make sure everyone knows you do actually have a discount on Big Y (and other tests) going right now...

"Discount code jam15p is good for ALL ORDERS OVER $98.
    That means $86.25 off the cost of BIGY = $488.75 with the discount.
    This code expires June 21, 2015 per FTDNA"
    ---

I have not yet tried this code myself.
    Thanks for sharing, Just upgraded one of my 12 ydna marker kits to the following:

Item Price
    Family Finder $71.40
    Y-DNA37 $84.15
    Total $155.55

There was some other discounts along with the coupon. Best wishes, K. L. Adams

Comment

This Twitter feed has some additional coupons. I doubt that they are stackable. Rather, I suspect that jam15p applies to upgrades, and the other coupons apply to new kits:
      ---
      FTDNA discounts until June 21:
      JamFF89 for Family Finder
      Jam30 for y37, y67 & y111
      Jam15P for upgrades $99 or more -- including BIG Y
      Full Sequence mitochondrial test also on sale @ FTDNA for $169 until June 21st using code Jam30.
      ---

Comment

The Big Y discount is legit. I just ordered an upgrade for one of the kits I manage.

This was announced on the Facebook page for Family Tree DNA.

Timothy Peterman

Comment

Originally posted by T E Peterman View Post
          This was announced on the Facebook page for Family Tree DNA.
          It couldn't have been very obvious. I see a post (on FTDNA's Facebook page) this evening from someone asking:
          ---
          Sooooo...how about a Father's Day Sale?????????
          ---

Clearly, she didn't get the message either.

Can you give a hyperlink or other indication of exactly where and when FTDNA announced it?

Comment

This Twitter feed has some additional coupons. I doubt that they are stackable. Rather, I suspect that jam15p applies to upgrades, and the other coupons apply to new kits:
            ---
            FTDNA discounts until June 21:
            JamFF89 for Family Finder
            Jam30 for y37, y67 & y111
            Jam15P for upgrades $99 or more -- including BIG Y
            Full Sequence mitochondrial test also on sale @ FTDNA for $169 until June 21st using code Jam30.
            ---
            A little weird.

For one kit tonight, the site automatically posted a coupon discount with entering any codes for family finder test.

For another kit tonight, I entered the family finder coupon for a $10 discount.

I would suggest for folks to check the upgrades for you kits to see if a discount is being offered first and then try one of the coupons listed in this thread.

Comment

Where in the world are you getting these coupons? Are they legitimate? If so, why haven't project administrators been informed???

It would be nice to know, and know a bit ahead of time so we can try to persuade people, especially at a time of year when folks are traveling.

Comment

Why aren't project administrators notified of these discounts?

Comment

As most everyone here knows, Family Tree DNA usually has several sales throught the year; some are highly publicized; others are more low key -a reward to various segments of the market. For example, a couple of months ago, coupons were made available on the pages of surname projects that had upgraded to the new format.

There is a sizeable following of Family Tree DNA on facebook & sometimes coupon codes are announced there.

Timothy Peterman

Comment

Originally posted by T E Peterman View Post
                    There is a sizeable following of Family Tree DNA on facebook & sometimes coupon codes are announced there.
                    I can deal with FTDNA's marketing campaigns. Other companies have far sneakier ones.

But we as consumers need to help each other out--especially in this field, where increased participation benefits everyone. So I would ask that in the future:

If FTDNA announces a discount sale in one venue, could some customer please post it to other venues as well? At the very least, post it to this (FTDNA's own) forum.

Comment

I agree. I'm glad that you did, because that was what prompted me to look into this. Then, I found it mentioned on facebook.

Timothy Peterman

Comment

If discount codes were posted on a Twitter Feed 10 days ago, why weren't Project Admins notified??

Comment

I can deal with FTDNA's marketing campaigns. Other companies have far sneakier ones.

But we as consumers need to help each other out--especially in this field, where increased participation benefits everyone. So I would ask that in the future:

If FTDNA announces a discount sale in one venue, could some customer please post it to other venues as well? At the very least, post it to this (FTDNA's own) forum.
                          Thanks lgmayka.
                          How hard is it to let Project Administrators and co-administrators know about this secret code sale. Ever hear of email? Our y haplogroup project depends on people taking the Big Y test to develop the phylogenetic tree.
                          Joe B

Comment

Originally posted by badams View Post
                            If discount codes were posted on a Twitter Feed 10 days ago, why weren't Project Admins notified??
                            I'm with you! It would have been great for ftDNA to notify group administrators of any discounts and coupons

Comment

Originally posted by D.Clade View Post
                              Thanks lgmayka.
                              How hard is it to let Project Administrators and co-administrators know about this secret code sale. Ever hear of email? Our y haplogroup project depends on people taking the Big Y test to develop the phylogenetic tree.
                              Joe B
                              That would first have to mean that FTDNA's email system was working right and that they haven't blacklisted the project admins from their email list

Comment

Working...
                              X