Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Big Y test finished so quick ?? Dare I hope so

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by dtvmcdonald View Post
    I had a kit in my project have a BigY arrive on Jan 5.
    The data appears on his web page. He tried to download
    the raw data (vcf and bed) and it failed. The then gave
    me his password and I tried and found that it is there
    but the file length is zero.

    I reported this to FTDNA.

    Has anyone else ever seen this? I have not.
    Someone else reported the same problem recently in another forum.

    Comment


    • #17
      Big Y CGF files

      Originally posted by dtvmcdonald View Post
      I had a kit in my project have a BigY arrive on Jan 5.
      The data appears on his web page. He tried to download
      the raw data (vcf and bed) and it failed. The then gave
      me his password and I tried and found that it is there
      but the file length is zero.

      I reported this to FTDNA.

      Has anyone else ever seen this? I have not.
      Yes that what happen to mine ,I still see only 0kb in the VCF file.Would you be so kind as to let me know what FTDNA tells you as I haven't contacted them yet.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by DMK View Post
        Yes that what happen to mine ,I still see only 0kb in the VCF file.Would you be so kind as to let me know what FTDNA tells you as I haven't contacted them yet.
        They told me nothing ... just that they would look into it.
        It can of course be fixed. You should contact them,
        sometimes these problems require human intervention
        for each case.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by dtvmcdonald View Post
          They told me nothing ... just that they would look into it.
          It can of course be fixed. You should contact them,
          sometimes these problems require human intervention
          for each case.
          OK thanks I will give them a call tomorrow

          Comment


          • #20
            Lucky you,

            My kit was batched at the same time and no results yet; That may be linked to a re-test

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by dtvmcdonald View Post
              They told me nothing ... just that they would look into it.
              It can of course be fixed. You should contact them,
              sometimes these problems require human intervention
              for each case.
              I've tried two more times talking with a real human.
              No results yet, no real response at all. "IT" is
              "looking at the problem".

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by dtvmcdonald View Post
                I've tried two more times talking with a real human.
                No results yet, no real response at all. "IT" is
                "looking at the problem".
                That was too "clipped" ... I was referring to size zero
                VCF/BED file download. Also, I should have checked
                this morning before posting that. I just checked ....
                nope, still zero size VCF/BED file. BUT ... full size BAM file has appeared. This is very odd.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by dtvmcdonald View Post
                  That was too "clipped" ... I was referring to size zero
                  VCF/BED file download. Also, I should have checked
                  this morning before posting that. I just checked ....
                  nope, still zero size VCF/BED file. BUT ... full size BAM file has appeared. This is very odd.
                  I am having the same trouble as you.Have sent to request and call twice.Second time I call they said would set it as Priority.That was over a week ago but sent a request for BAM files Monday and received it Tuesday. Just check now and VCF files are still 0.So much for Priority!!

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    What's strange is that bed/vcf files can be reconstructed
                    from bam files.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      At least some of the zero-size BED/VCF files have been fixed,
                      the one I was looking for has.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X