Is Big Y test finished so quick ?? Dare I hope so

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Big Y test finished so quick ?? Dare I hope so

On my order history page it says my big Y completed 1/5/15 but on Awaiting Lab Results it still says 3 to 5 weeks ?? Has anyone had this before.I sure hope it has finished this quick way ahead of time but I have my doubts.

On Complete Order History page I get this
    Big Y
    1/5/2015 Completed 599
    12/4/2014 Batched 599
    11/27/2014 Ordered 599

on Awaiting Lab Results I get this
    Awaiting Tests
    Tests Lab Procedure Batch Expected Notes
    Big Y HiYNGS 599 3-5 Weeks

DMK

I have read about other people getting quick results lately. When you log into your account do you have a BigY results and BigY matches link?

Comment

Originally posted by Armando View Post
      I have read about other people getting quick results lately. When you log into your account do you have a BigY results and BigY matches link?
      No ,not any BigY result are matches so maybe that is just a mistake about being completed.

Comment

My Big Y results from batch 599 are in

My Big Y results from batch 599 are in,now if I can figure out what the mean

Comment

I hope this holds for y-67

I ordered my father's Y-13 through Y-37 at the same time you did. Batch 599.Yesterday the lab changed the expected wait time down to 1-3 weeks.
          I hope it is done this week!
          It was smart of you to order before the sale began. That was my reasoning. I'd rather pay a little more than be frustrated by delays.
          Actually, I did catch the sale on the section from y-37 through y-67. The price was too good to resist.

Comment

Originally posted by DMK View Post
            My Big Y results from batch 599 are in,now if I can figure out what the mean
            Someone else here can help you with the full process of requesting FTDNA to give you a link to download the data, uploading it to Dropbox then sending it to YFull or another company for analysis.

Out of curiosity what is your haplogroup and how many BigY matches do you have?

Comment

Someone else here can help you with the full process of requesting FTDNA to give you a link to download the data, uploading it to Dropbox then sending it to YFull or another company for analysis.

Out of curiosity what is your haplogroup and how many BigY matches do you have?
              Strange my haplogroup hasn't change yet it's still R-DF13.Maybe they are still updating me as the Big Y data just came in a couple of hours ago.It shows I have 90 entries in matches.One that is 0 Known SNP Difference,he is DF49+,PF4341+.He doesn't have the same sir name as me but he matches very close in our ydna.

Yes maybe someone will supply me with a link.

Comment

I think that you have to email FTDNA for the link to download the data. There are admins on this forum, including one of the L21 admins, that would know better. You could email the L21 project admin in case he hasn't been on the forum lately. Are you already in that project?

As far as DF49 and PF4341, you can search for those in your BigY results page to see if BigY tested them.

How many STR markers do you match with your BigY DF49+,PF4341+ match?

Comment

You need to send email to [email protected] . Ask for access to your BAM file. Be sure to give your kit number.

Comment

Strange my haplogroup hasn't change yet it's still R-DF13.Maybe they are still updating me as the Big Y data just came in a couple of hours ago.It shows I have 90 entries in matches.One that is 0 Known SNP Difference,he is DF49+,PF4341+.He doesn't have the same sir name as me but he matches very close in our ydna.

Your haplogroup most likely won't change unless your new 'terminal' SNP is already on the FTDNA haplotree. As far as I know FTDNA is not using Big-Y data to add to their Y-Tree yet, they are still using the Geno 2.0 results. My Haplogroup of R-Z12 didn't change after I received my results even thou I am several branches below R-Z12 now but they are not FTDNA's Y-Tree.

You should notice a blue 'Download Raw Data' button appear above the Confidence column in 24-48 hours and then you can download your .vcf file or your .bam file. This is automatic and does not have to be requested from the helpdesk anymore. FTDNA realizes that you are mostly likely going to want to have your Big-Y data analyzed by a third party to give you more information about your results.

Gerald

Comment

On my order history page it says my big Y completed 1/5/15 but on Awaiting Lab Results it still says 3 to 5 weeks ?? Has anyone had this before.I sure hope it has finished this quick way ahead of time but I have my doubts.

On Complete Order History page I get this
                      Big Y
                      1/5/2015 Completed 599
                      12/4/2014 Batched 599
                      11/27/2014 Ordered 599

on Awaiting Lab Results I get this
                      Awaiting Tests
                      Tests Lab Procedure Batch Expected Notes
                      Big Y HiYNGS 599 3-5 Weeks

DMK
                      Dont get your hopes up like I did. We are in Batch 593 for a Y-111 and our order history says the test was completed on 12/18/14 which is not true - at that time they posted the results for 25% of the str markers. Nothing has happened since that time. Almost four weeks have passed and they tell us maybe in another 3 weeks it will "really" be complete.

Comment

I think that you have to email FTDNA for the link to download the data. There are admins on this forum, including one of the L21 admins, that would know better. You could email the L21 project admin in case he hasn't been on the forum lately. Are you already in that project?

As far as DF49 and PF4341, you can search for those in your BigY results page to see if BigY tested them.

How many STR markers do you match with your BigY DF49+,PF4341+ match?
                        shared Novel Variants 76 Knnown SNP Difference 0 Non-Matching SNPs is blank Matching SNPs 25,733

Comment

Originally posted by gerlyons View Post
                          Your haplogroup most likely won't change unless your new 'terminal' SNP is already on the FTDNA haplotree. As far as I know FTDNA is not using Big-Y data to add to their Y-Tree yet, they are still using the Geno 2.0 results. My Haplogroup of R-Z12 didn't change after I received my results even thou I am several branches below R-Z12 now but they are not FTDNA's Y-Tree.

You should notice a blue 'Download Raw Data' button appear above the Confidence column in 24-48 hours and then you can download your .vcf file or your .bam file. This is automatic and does not have to be requested from the helpdesk anymore. FTDNA realizes that you are mostly likely going to want to have your Big-Y data analyzed by a third party to give you more information about your results.

Gerald

Thanks Gerald Yes I see the blue exoprt(CSV) and Download Raw Data buttons

Also thank you lgmayka for your reply

Comment

shared Novel Variants 76 Knnown SNP Difference 0 Non-Matching SNPs is blank Matching SNPs 25,733
                            Thanks. Did you match him or any of your other matches through a 37 marker or 67 marker test?

Comment

I had a kit in my project have a BigY arrive on Jan 5.
                              The data appears on his web page. He tried to download
                              the raw data (vcf and bed) and it failed. The then gave
                              me his password and I tried and found that it is there
                              but the file length is zero.

I reported this to FTDNA.

Has anyone else ever seen this? I have not.

Comment

Working...
                              X