X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• achancy
    replied
    snp

FTDNA has confused the heck out of most folks with their short hand SNPs. M269 is R1b1a2 and U106 is R1b1a2a1a1 (more detail, but they match as far as the shorter one goes) This is compatible and not a mis-match

Leave a comment:

• Earl Davis
    replied
    Originally posted by gerlyons View Post
    This happens to me at least once a month. Just last night I received 10 new Big-Y matches that are mostly from my Haplogroup(R) but no where near my branch and there are also some from J as well. They all show a 0/0 match to me but they have no SNPs listed at all. They stay for about a week or so then they disappear. I have reported it to customer service but by the time they look into the problem the results are gone and they don't see the false matches. I just put with it
    This just happened to me today as well. I can't say I have ever noticed the problem before.

Earl.

Leave a comment:

• Sarmat
    replied
    Originally posted by vinnie View Post
    My 575 Big Y came in about 3 weeks ago, but there are several J1s in 575 who are still waiting.
    Good to know some folks are seeing movement. Another in batch 575 reported getting his yesterday.

Mine are still out, despite assurances weeks ago that they were "sequencing with highest priority" (whatever that means) and would be delivered imminently.

Leave a comment:

• gerlyons
    replied
    Originally posted by edm8082 View Post
    Is this a system error? I just checked my Big Y matches list and found about a dozen new ones (9/26/14 match date)who don't seem to be actual matches, i.e. no matching SNPS with me. Their profiles also show that they have different terminal SNPS from me. Has anyone else had a similar experience?
    This happens to me at least once a month. Just last night I received 10 new Big-Y matches that are mostly from my Haplogroup(R) but no where near my branch and there are also some from J as well. They all show a 0/0 match to me but they have no SNPs listed at all. They stay for about a week or so then they disappear. I have reported it to customer service but by the time they look into the problem the results are gone and they don't see the false matches. I just put with it

Leave a comment:

• vinnie
    replied
    Originally posted by Sarmat View Post
    For what it's worth, I'm in 575 and still waiting.
    My 575 Big Y came in about 3 weeks ago, but there are several J1s in 575 who are still waiting.

Leave a comment:

• vinnie
    replied
    Is this a system error? I just checked my Big Y matches list and found about a dozen new ones (9/26/14 match date)who don't seem to be actual matches, i.e. no matching SNPS with me. Their profiles also show that they have different terminal SNPS from me. Has anyone else had a similar experience?
    Yes, I reported it to the office yesterday. I'm J1, but most of my "matches" are R.

Leave a comment:

• Jessant
    replied
    tlgarrison, I sent you a private message.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?
    Yes.

Leave a comment:

• lgmayka
    replied
    Originally posted by tlgarrison View Post
    So when it (Y2395) becomes an accepted SNP will the Y-id be dropped in favor of another?
    I don't think so. FTDNA already offers an individual SNP test for Y2395, with that name.

Leave a comment:

• edm8082
    replied
    BigY match list - people with no matching SNPS

Leave a comment:

• Sarmat
    replied
    Originally posted by jkuehn8 View Post
    tlgarrison tlgarrison

Just out of curiosity, What was your batch number (completed 25 Sept 2014)?

Mine's 586 with >4 weeks to go

Thanks and
    -- enjoy --
    John K
    For what it's worth, I'm in 575 and still waiting.

Leave a comment:

• tlgarrison
    replied
    Originally posted by lgmayka View Post
    It is, however, on YFull's haplotree.

IMHO, not only Y2395 but even perhaps Z284 may have first arisen on the "main" continent rather than the Scandinavian Peninsula. For example, kit N23825 is German, Z284+ , and rather distant from anyone else by Y-STRs (suggesting that his patrilineage is not due to a medieval or modern migration).
    lgmayka, thanks for the info. So when it (Y2395) becomes an accepted SNP will the Y-id be dropped in favor of another? As soon as I get my link for the BAM file I am going to submit it to YFULL for their analysis. Also I am a member of the r1a1a project and I am in sub group designed as A3.

Leave a comment:

• tlgarrison
    replied
    Originally posted by jkuehn8 View Post
    tlgarrison tlgarrison

Thanks and
    -- enjoy --
    John K
    John K, see below..

Batch 581
    9/26/2014---Completed---581
    7/31/2014---Batched------581
    7/29/2014---Ordered

Leave a comment:

• jkuehn8
    replied
    Batch Number Progress

tlgarrison tlgarrison

Thanks and
    -- enjoy --
    John K

Leave a comment:

• lgmayka
    replied
    R-Y2395 is not yet a recognized (Named SNP yet). It is still in Novel Variant column at location 21194221 where T>G.
    It is, however, on YFull's haplotree.
    Does this means my clade probably did not wander into Norway where the Y2395 > Z284 clades seem to have originated. My oldest known Paternal ancestor was from the Oldenburg area of Germany in very early 1600's
    IMHO, not only Y2395 but even perhaps Z284 may have first arisen on the "main" continent rather than the Scandinavian Peninsula. For example, kit N23825 is German, Z284+ , and rather distant from anyone else by Y-STRs (suggesting that his patrilineage is not due to a medieval or modern migration).

Leave a comment:

• tlgarrison
    started a topic Big Y Results

Big Y Results

I got my BIG Y results yesterday. It was right on schedule 8 weeks from day it was batched.

I tested positive for SNP R-Z282 previously and now I am positive for R-Y2395 one step below R-Z282 but negative for R-Z284. R-Y2395 is not yet a recognized (Named SNP yet). It is still in Novel Variant column at location 21194221 where T>G.

Does this means my clade probably did not wander into Norway where the Y2395 > Z284 clades seem to have originated. My oldest known Paternal ancestor was from the Oldenburg area of Germany in very early 1600's
Working...
X