Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ajmr1a1
    replied
    Thomas Krahn of YSeq mentioned at the iFGG that YFull is able to find those STRs without too much trouble except for the lengthier STRs.

If I didn't do y-111 already, I would have used the STR data from YFull for the shorter STRs and ordered the longer STRs a la carte using Sanger sequencing.

Leave a comment:

• tommypeters
    replied
    In the Swedish DNA group some people with the same haplo-group checked out their results. I believe they were five people, four had taken the Big-Y and one the FullGenome test. They analyzed the results returned from YFull.

SNP tests like these can't give 100% sure info on STR's, like the STR tests only really can predict SNP's. Anyway, YFull predicted around 100 of the 111 from the Y-DNA 111 test.

From what they could see, the four Big-Y tests together had five differences ("errors") compared to the Y-DNA 111 tests. The FullGenome test itself had about the same amount of differences (I don't remember the exact result).

Leave a comment:

• sjadelson
    replied
    Another data point just came in:

63 (of 90) shared novel variants
    0 known SNP differences
    26697 matching SNPs

He's taken Y37 and shared the results directly with me, resulting in GD13/Y37. That means the common male ancestor is likely at least 2000 years ago.

Implication is a novel variant every ~3 generations.

Leave a comment:

• fmoakes
    replied
    GD STR vs SNP

In my surname group two of us are I-Z382+, GD 8(STR111) and GD 2(known SNP) (CTS5609 and PF3643)

Leave a comment:

• sjadelson
    started a topic Big-Y results considering STR tests

Big-Y results considering STR tests

Curious if anyone else has been able to compare Big-Y matches to higher Y-XXX testing. In my case, I have a gentleman who matches me at 78 (of 90) variants, no known SNP differences, and 26650 SNP matches. He has also taken Y111 and matches me there with a GD of 10.

Now, I'm GD1 to my father, so it can be considered GD9. Still, that's somewhat disappointingly distant given the closeness of the Big-Y match, with roughly a 50% chance of a common ancestor in the last ~14 generations. This is significantly less likely than an FMS match, which has 50% chance at 5 generations.

Other data points?
Working...
X