Big Y: where is the link to buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Y: where is the link to buy?

Hi Guys, my first post here. I cannot find a link on the FTDNA website on where to buy this test?

What is the current cost and turn about time?

Thanks.

Cheers, Ade.

Have you bought another Y-DNA test from FTDNA?

Comment

No, not for myself.

Just had a couple of kits arrive today for both my Mum and Dad.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian Stevenson View Post
        Just had a couple of kits arrive today for both my Mum and Dad.
        I don't think FTDNA currently offers the Big Y to new customers (who do not already have a kit and an account).

But you could simply order the Big Y on your father's kit (assuming he is your biological father).

You could also ask whether anyone has a spare $100-off coupon. FTDNA distributed such coupons to some customers in June during a discount sale; but fine print in the coupon email says that it remains valid until June of next year.

Comment

Thank you. That is very helpful.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

FTDNA just reduced the price of the Big Y to $595. If you can find a leftover $100-off coupon, that would yield an effective price of $495.

If you have ordered since Thursday--i.e., if your order has not yet gone to lab--you should be able to call FTDNA to get an adjustment to the new price.

Comment

Thanks once again!

Comment

Can you access this page: https://my.familytreedna.com/big-y.aspx

By the way, on that page FTDNA claims that Big Y has "10 Million base-pair coverage - more than any other Y-DNA test on the market." FGC actually covers 14 million bp.

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                  X