Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Combine BigY and Chromo2 Results

Hello!

Is it possible to combine BigY and Chromo2 results? If so, can the Chromo2 results be transferred or imported into FTDNA or would I need to use different analysis tools?

Thanks!

What Hg are you in? If you are in U106, the admins in the project can do this for you. I would assume that's true for other projects, too. The Big Y variants just have to be translated from nucleotide coordinates to SNP names, and then you can compare the SNPs with your Chromo 2 SNPs.

Comment

Thanks for the info, I haven't ordered Chromo2 yet but wanted to know before I do. As for BigY I'm in batch 575 so I'm still a few weeks out from the results being available.

My haplogroups are: R-CTS4466 and H1c2 if that helps.

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by PNGarrison View Post
        What Hg are you in? If you are in U106, the admins in the project can do this for you. I would assume that's true for other projects, too. The Big Y variants just have to be translated from nucleotide coordinates to SNP names, and then you can compare the SNPs with your Chromo 2 SNPs.
        Are you suggesting that BIG Y Novel Variant test results contain named SNPs that are not in BIG Y's Known SNP list?

Comment

Originally posted by fmoakes View Post
          Are you suggesting that BIG Y Novel Variant test results contain named SNPs that are not in BIG Y's Known SNP list?
          Yes, there are. Some of these are SNPs that have been named since Big Y results became available.

Comment

Originally posted by morrisondna View Post
            Yes, there are. Some of these are SNPs that have been named since Big Y results became available.
            Great. I was hoping that was the answer. Do you know the best way to track these new SNPs, so one might annotate their NV locations list with the new SNP names?

Comment

Great. I was hoping that was the answer. Do you know the best way to track these new SNPs, so one might annotate their NV locations list with the new SNP names?
              It's best to compare your Novel Variants with others in a haplogroup project. The project admin would be in a position to compare variants within the project to see which ones are shared. You can also do an internet search with the SNP location and the word "SNP" to see where your Novel Variants may occur in others who have tested.

Comment

The most complete public list of SNPs is now contained within YBROWSE. This includes over 17,000 novel SNPs added since last October as they have been identified via FGC's sequencing and also analysis of Big-Y sequence results.

Look in the U106 project BigY files folder for the current csv comparison file of Big-Y results. This will provide you a list of inconsistent SNPs that have been identified within our 176+ samples.
                https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...Big-Y%20files/

Comment

Originally posted by Augestflex View Post
                  Thanks for the info, I haven't ordered Chromo2 yet but wanted to know before I do. As for BigY I'm in batch 575 so I'm still a few weeks out from the results being available.

My haplogroups are: R-CTS4466 and H1c2 if that helps.

Cheers!
                  The results can be compared, and either the R1b-CTS4466plus admins or myself can do this for you. Be aware Chromo2 only contains 13 SNPs relevant to CTS4466 for sure. Ten of these are CTS4466 and equivalents. There are perhaps a dozen more Jim Wilson mentioned. These have not been tripped yet in the publicly released samples.

James Kane

Comment

Originally posted by JimKane View Post
                    The results can be compared, and either the R1b-CTS4466plus admins or myself can do this for you. Be aware Chromo2 only contains 13 SNPs relevant to CTS4466 for sure. Ten of these are CTS4466 and equivalents. There are perhaps a dozen more Jim Wilson mentioned. These have not been tripped yet in the publicly released samples.

James Kane

Thank you! I've decided I'm going to wait for my yDNA111 and BigY before I consider ordering the Chromo2. However, if(when) I do order them I'll be sure to say so here!

Comment

Working...
                    X