Big Y Matching and Privacy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EastAnglian View Post
    I'm all in favour of privacy, however I find it a bit annoying that some people are happy to benefit from matching data but are not happy to share their own. Surely it's a two way street?
    It's always a two-way street at FTDNA. If someone disables matching, then it is disabled both ways -- they're not visible to their matches, and they can't see their matches either.

Elise

Comment

Originally posted by efgen View Post
      It's always a two-way street at FTDNA. If someone disables matching, then it is disabled both ways -- they're not visible to their matches, and they can't see their matches either.

Elise
      I see, good to know, someone can still access matching for six months or less, get all the data they want and then disable it suppose. Their choice but not exactly beneficial to the advancement of genetic genealogy or anthropology.

Comment

I'm happy to have my name and e-mail address all over the internet on genealogy sites. I still get meaningful replies to queries posted many years ago, and I have been able to help people from all over the world with their research. Yes, I get spam, but so does everyone else. I don't find it difficult to identify the real messages among the spam. I don't seem to get hacked more than anyone else I know.

Comment

Working...
        X