Big-Y and Haplotree

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big-Y and Haplotree

The first revision to the haplotree put me in R-Z160. A later revision kept me there, but with four downstream (negative) SNPs. This is still the case currently, but now two of the downstream SNPs (Z191 and CTS603) show up as "Add" so that I can pay to get them tested. I looked them up in my Big-Y results, and both are listed as "Medium" negative calls.

Is this a bug in the haplotree/purchase functionality, or is FTDNA requesting I pay another $78 to get these two downstream SNPs confirmed as negative?

Don't order any SNP tests before asking a project manager if it's a reasonable chance that they will help you. FTDNA suddenly moved me up/back in the tree but proj admins say that it's almost sure that I should be at least where I was before...

Comment

I second what Tommypeters wrote

I am one of the co-admins for the R1b-U106 Haplogroup Project. Your R-Z160 result falls under U106.

Folks who have tested through the Big Y have basically completed all of the SNP testing they need. (To be technical, there is a chance someone may need do a-la-cart single SNP testing, but not in your case).

Comment

Originally posted by Wing_Genealogis View Post
        I am one of the co-admins for the R1b-U106 Haplogroup Project. Your R-Z160 result falls under U106.

Folks who have tested through the Big Y have basically completed all of the SNP testing they need. (To be technical, there is a chance someone may need do a-la-cart single SNP testing, but not in your case).
        Great, thanks! That's what I was hoping the answer would be.

Comment

Working...
        X