$100 rebate on Big-Y

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1798 View Post
    They have 113 new SNPs between the three of them.So that would be 37 x 150 = 5,550 for our branch which is Z156.
    I don't understand this calculation.

Once you have a local/recent haplotree, you ask FTDNA or Yseq to offer individual tests for key SNPs.
    Originally posted by 1798 View Post
    It is not right that a man has to pay so much for the test and then 50 dollars extra for someone to analyse their results. That should be done by FTDNA for free.
    Ideally, and perhaps eventually. FTDNA instead "pushed the envelope" on actual lab testing, and (temporarily) left the data-crunching and labor-intensive professional evaluation to others.

Comment

I ordered the Big Y test with the sale back in 2013. Where do I find my $100 coupon. I'm asking because I have somebody who is interested in purchasing a Big Y test and need my coupon. Where can I find the coupon and how do I transfer the coupon, is it a code that anyone is able to input when making a purchase?

Comment

Originally posted by lgmayka View Post
        I don't understand this calculation.
        That is the average number of novel variants they have found in the Big-Y tests. Those SNPs are specific to our group as no other Z156 have them at present.

Comment

Originally posted by Armeni View Post
          I ordered the Big Y test with the sale back in 2013. Where do I find my $100 coupon. I'm asking because I have somebody who is interested in purchasing a Big Y test and need my coupon. Where can I find the coupon and how do I transfer the coupon, is it a code that anyone is able to input when making a purchase?
          Yes, the code is transferable. But you should have received such a coupon in the primary email inbox registered to your FTDNA account. Check your Spam or Junk folder, etc.

I suppose you could call FTDNA and ask them to re-send it to you if possible.

Comment

I also never received the email about the sales or the voucher (I had a relative tested in the first Big y release).
            I've emailed FTDNA but no response as yet.

Comment

Originally posted by rivergirl View Post
              I also never received the email about the sales or the voucher (I had a relative tested in the first Big y release).
              The coupon was presumably sent to the primary email address on the account. Is that you, or the relative?

Comment

I use my email address for my relative, and am Project Admin for 2 of the projects he is in.
                I didnt get any Admin emails about the Sale, like I usually do.
                With all the "bugs" that FTDNA have these days maybe my email got lost in the system.

Comment

A friend of mine, who already has an FTDNA account, was going to use my Big Y coupon, but absolutely could not locate a place to enter the coupon code. Is this another one of those sporadic FTDNA bugs, where various parts of screens during the order process show up for some people but not for others?

Comment

Originally posted by John McCoy View Post
                    A friend of mine, who already has an FTDNA account, was going to use my Big Y coupon, but absolutely could not locate a place to enter the coupon code. Is this another one of those sporadic FTDNA bugs, where various parts of screens during the order process show up for some people but not for others?
                    John,

When you add the Big-Y to the order a popup comes up with the order summery and asking if you want to add additional products. On the right hand side of the popup window there is a big green button that say Proceed to checkout and right underneath that button is a link in much smaller letters 'Do you have a coupon?'. If you click on that a box opens to enter the coupon code.

Comment

Originally posted by gerlyons View Post
                      When you add the Big-Y to the order a popup comes up with the order summery and asking if you want to add additional products. On the right hand side of the popup window there is a big green button that say Proceed to checkout and right underneath that button is a link in much smaller letters 'Do you have a coupon?'. If you click on that a box opens to enter the coupon code.
                      I found it, but not easily. It is easily missed.

Comment

Save any unused coupons!

Perhaps I was not the only one who initially misread the FTDNA Big Y $100-off coupons. Any unused coupons remain valid for another year.
                        ---
                        Conditions: The Big Y coupon can be redeemed only 1 time. It cannot be combined with other Big Y coupons and expires on 6/17/2015.
                        ---

Comment

Working...
                        X