Missing the Download Raw Data button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing the Download Raw Data button

I am missing the Download Raw Data button in order to download the .VCF & .BED files. I checked multiple browsers as well as multiple kits (as I administer a haplogroup project).

Is anyone else having this issue??

Originally posted by Wing_Genealogis View Post
    I am missing the Download Raw Data button in order to download the .VCF & .BED files. I checked multiple browsers as well as multiple kits (as I administer a haplogroup project).

Is anyone else having this issue??
    Yes, yesterday morning I saw was able to use the blue "Download raw data" button just to the right of "? Help Haplotree Reset". I noticed yesterday evening that button had disappeared.

This morning I've tried from two different browsers on two different PCs and I still don't see the "Download raw data" button.

If you hit "? help" and see the FTDNA screenshots you will still see that this button is there and explained. However, on the live screen nothing right now.

Comment

Its there when I log in as myself and not there when
      I view myself or anybody else from the group admin page.

More hassle.

I can see requiring the owner to allow the .bam file,
      but not these bed and vcf ones.
      Last edited by dtvmcdonald; 18 April 2014, 09:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dtvmcdonald View Post
        Its there when I log in as myself and not there when
        I view myself or anybody else from the group admin page.

More hassle.

I can see requiring the owner to allow the .bam file,
        but not these bed and vcf ones.
        I'm a little worried about that possibility.

I have received some indication that we would not need spreadsheets any more.

I hope we don't have to get individuals to download their own stuff and then send it to us for comparisons.

Comment

My experience is the same - the download button has disappeared, just when a critical set of results has been posted. Has anything been announced? I admit to downloading project members' results without their knowledge but it can hardly be said without their consent as they have joined my Projects with (I assume) the understanding that the admins will access and analyse their data - indeed they frequently ask us to do so!

Comment

I specifically said we would use their data when people
            in my group signed up at my request. Of course people
            could and recently have signed up without that email.

I long ago asked the people I needed to agree to bam files,
            and they all did, so this is moot as far as permission.

But ... there's not much unique data in the bed and vcf files
            except no-call locations and a bit more data on indels.

Its the bam files that are somewhat sensitive.

But I got the bed/vcf from the guy today, and only two to go for R1a.

Rebecca Canada ... do you know anything about this, or should we ask Mittleman?

Comment

I'm guessing it's a bug introduced with the new CSV download ?

Least ways I hope so else it's going to make analysing Big Y results a real pain in the arse for admins, especially those of us working with very large projects.

Comment

Originally posted by dtvmcdonald View Post
                Rebecca Canada ... do you know anything about this, or should we ask Mittleman?
                Rebecca has accepted a different position at FTDNA and if I understand it correctly, is no longer moderator for the FTDNA forums.

Here is the post: http://forums.ftdna.com/showthread.php?t=34789

Comment

Hi all,

I've sent a query into engineering about this, and will let you know when I hear back (probably on Monday).

In the meantime, customers with direct access to a kit with Big Y results should see a new Export(CSV) button next to the Download Raw Data button. This exports the data shown in the Known SNPs and Novel SNPs tables on the Big Y results page.

Elise

Comment

Missing Big Y Download button

I believe this is part of the Customer Privacy policy being implemented by FTDNA.

If I log into an account as a customer (my cousin) then the Download Raw Data button and Export as csv button are there.

If I log into GAP then open a customer's page, the button are missing.

I could be wrong but if not, this is a big set back for Projects at FTDNA.

Comment

Update:

The CSV Export button will be made available to project admins. Can't give an exact date, but it should be soon.

The Download Raw Data button has been disabled for project admins for privacy reasons, since the Big Y raw data may reveal more than just Y chromosome results. Customers can download their own raw data files and provide them to project admins or other trusted individuals as needed.

Elise

Comment

Originally posted by efgen View Post
                        Update:

The CSV Export button will be made available to project admins. Can't give an exact date, but it should be soon.

The Download Raw Data button has been disabled for project admins for privacy reasons, since the Big Y raw data may reveal more than just Y chromosome results. Customers can download their own raw data files and provide them to project admins or other trusted individuals as needed.

Elise
                        Having spent quite a lot of time analysing Big Y variance files I'm curious to learn what else is in them besides Y chromosome results. As far as I was aware these files had been designed to only include Y chromosome results, unlike BAM files.

Comment

Originally posted by Subwoofer View Post
                          Having spent quite a lot of time analysing Big Y variance files I'm curious to learn what else is in them besides Y chromosome results. As far as I was aware these files had been designed to only include Y chromosome results, unlike BAM files.
                          Yes, please explain how, other than by alignment errors
                          or recombinations with other chromosomes, the vcf file
                          can reveal non-Y info. I do not see how the bed
                          possibly could.

Possibly somebody mixed these up with the bam????

Comment

Where's the 'Thank you for a useful post' button when you need it : )

Comment

Working...
                            X