X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Muldurath View Post
    See attached to compare.
    No I need the details.

When you click on the numbers, it will take you to the actual repeat display. That's what I want to see.

Comment

• Sure, see attached report.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Muldurath View Post
        Sure, see attached report.
        For DYS393, there are only 12 repeats and the motif is correct in all places I looked. Hence, I am not sure how FTDNA calculates the value to have 13.

For DYS390, the last 2 repeats does not match with the motif and doing a manual count leads to only 25 matching FTDNA instead of 27 because the last 2 repeats are same as the first part of the motif.

I fixed the ref\ystr_info.txt file and attached here. Take a backup and overwrite ref\ystr_info.txt - let me know if this fixes the DYS390 value to be 25. If you have .vcf file, you should be able to select the vcf and quickly regenerate the report.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Hmmm....looking at the Y-STR_Markers.txt file in the \out seems to match up FTDNA. Does your program generate that? If so, why the discrepancies from the HTML report?

Comment

• Also, carefully looking at the original HTML report for DYS 390, I see that the program is counting T and C the same. So TAGA and CAGA are being counted as the same.

Under DYS 19, it counts TCTA, skips CCTA, and then continues to count TCTA. Is it supposed to do that? I thought patterns had to remain in a consecutive sequence?

on DYS 439, where should the count actually begin? I see GATA 6 times before it starts getting counted. Maybe I'm not understanding.

Comment

• One last item. There was no y-str kit report.html generated. There was also no pre-existing ref\ystr_info.txt to replace. There was only a y-str_markers.txt file output.

Comment

• Configuration Guide for Y-STR Kit

I uploaded a small configuration guide here, which helps to fix any problems in Y-STR Kit

Configuration Guide: Y-STR Kit Guide.pdf

This helps to resolve any Y-STR issues.

Comment

Working...
                X