U106 SNPs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U106 SNPs

"So far, from consistent SNPs and singletons, the average tester has 36 SNPs below U106. The standard deviation is 7.1, which is a little higher than the 6 that would be expected if everything is random, but that doesn't take into account any mutations that would show up on more than one SNP."

This was in a post from Ian McDonald on the U106 forum.

That seems high?

Seems like a high estimate? I tested U106+Z18+Z14+Z372+ and L257-, and their are no other known snps downstream of Z372+ to test for at the present. I guess I must not have been the norm?

Best Regards, Douglas W. Fisher, Kit#122883

Comment

Originally posted by DWFlineage View Post
      Seems like a high estimate? I tested U106+Z18+Z14+Z372+ and L257-, and their are no other known snps downstream of Z372+ to test for at the present. I guess I must not have been the norm?

Best Regards, Douglas W. Fisher, Kit#122883
      Have you taken the Big-Y?
      Some members of my group have tested it and there are 35 SNPs that are new under Z156. If I were to test for half of them it would cost me a lot at 39 dollars per SNP.

Comment

Are new SNPs the same as 'Novel Variants'?

Comment

Too expensive

Originally posted by 1798 View Post
          Have you taken the Big-Y?
          Some members of my group have tested it and there are 35 SNPs that are new under Z156. If I were to test for half of them it would cost me a lot at 39 dollars per SNP.
          I cannot justify the expense for the Big Y test, and my snps would be downstream of Z372+. I have already confirmed my paternal line, still verifying my exact branch on this family line.

I am in a Z18+ L257- project, and the project director will contact me if any news snps are discovered downstream of Z372+, which is Scandanavian/Vikinish dna.

Best Regards, Douglas W. Fisher, Kit#1#122883

Comment

Originally posted by dosbears View Post
            Are new SNPs the same as 'Novel Variants'?
            I think that is right.

Comment

Working...
            X