BIG Y ? result.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BIG Y ? result.

Has anything been announced concerning the large number of BIG Y results marked "?" ?

Not that I'm aware of.

I've sent two emails to the help desk - both remain unanswered. The "3/28 Expected Due Date" message has yet to be changed on my FTDNA home page - in both locations.

Moreover, I suspect Rebekah has been told nothing about the next due date (or sworn to secrecy) as she has has not responded to the various forum questions on this subject.

If were to guess, I would interpret FTDNA's deafening silence as a new tactic to avoid providing further ammunition to its customers - one can't say they missed another due date if none exists....

Comment

Perish the thought

It is like Simon & Garfunkel said Blessed are the meek...

Originally posted by wighty44 View Post
      Moreover, I suspect Rebekah has been told nothing about the next due date...

Comment

If were to guess, I would interpret FTDNA's deafening silence as a new tactic to avoid providing further ammunition to its customers - one can't say they missed another due date if none exists....
        Hmmm... Ammunition implies that some of FTDNA's customers are at war with FTDNA. Is that really what you're trying to say? Are you looking for more reasons to complain?

Comment

Originally posted by MMaddi View Post
          Hmmm... Ammunition implies that some of FTDNA's customers are at war with FTDNA. Is that really what you're trying to say? Are you looking for more reasons to complain?
          Infer what you will. I'm looking for nothing more that the courtesy of an answer to a simple question and the reasonable expectation of knowing the status of my results.

With that information, I can be a very patient person. But I can not accept being ignored.... YMMV

Comment

BIG Y ? RESULTS

I was referring to the the individual SNP results marked "?". I believe that means the test result was non-conclusive? I was wondering if there is a plan to resolve any of these non-results?

Comment

Not that I'm aware of.

I've sent two emails to the help desk - both remain unanswered. The "3/28 Expected Due Date" message has yet to be changed on my FTDNA home page - in both locations.

Moreover, I suspect Rebekah has been told nothing about the next due date (or sworn to secrecy) as she has has not responded to the various forum questions on this subject.

According to Mr. Greenspan, another large batch of results should be out Monday afternoon and all tests should be out by 4/15, assuming they passed QC or did not require an additional sample.

One more week, guys.

Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Rebekah Canada View Post
                It is like Simon & Garfunkel said Blessed are the meek...
                Blessed be the cheese makers...

Comment

Infer what you will. I'm looking for nothing more that the courtesy of an answer to a simple question and the reasonable expectation of knowing the status of my results.

With that information, I can be a very patient person. But I can not accept being ignored.... YMMV
                  Agreed. Supposedly my kit failed twice and that's why my results are three weeks past the mid-March date I was last given. If true, there was no reason to withhold this information from me and plenty of reasons it made more sense to provide this information to me timely.

I did finally receive my results a few minutes ago. I noticed my Y had changed designations even though the big red pending was still showing.

Comment

Originally posted by kring1bc View Post
                    Agreed. Supposedly my kit failed twice and that's why my results are three weeks past the mid-March date I was last given. If true, there was no reason to withhold this information from me and plenty of reasons it made more sense to provide this information to me timely. ...I noticed my Y had changed designations even though the big red pending was still showing.
                    At least you were able to get some answers that make sense. Also nice that you have results.

I always check both places, but doesn't that seem to represent a complete lack of caring on FTDNA's part??

Not only am I left guessing as to when I should need to check (due to an outdated due date message with no further updates), but that the website can't even be made to work so that the big red "Waiting for Results" icon and the one in "Other Results" don't work together.

But then I have nothing more important to do other than check these icons daily... Absolute insanity!

Comment

Hi,

The lab procedure that is keeping the 'red box' from going away should be fixed soon. If you have results, and it is really driving you nuts, you can write to Michelle. She will turn it off by hand for you.
                      ...but that the website can't even be made to work so that the big red "Waiting for Results" icon and the one in "Other Results" don't work together....

Comment

Originally posted by fmoakes View Post
                        I was referring to the the individual SNP results marked "?". I believe that means the test result was non-conclusive? I was wondering if there is a plan to resolve any of these non-results?
                        I have concerns about this aswell, about one-third of my known variants has a "?" (unclear / no-call value.)

I have also compared my number of total entries to other Big-Y participarts and there seems to be a huge difference between kits.

Comment

Working...
                        X