• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amastra

November 14 2013 applied for Big Y.
    April 4 2014 received new swab set.
    Waiting nearly 5 months.
    Never again!!!

Technically you have been waiting just over a month for results since it was stated that results would be available 2/28. That said, I feel your pain.

At least you knew that yours was delayed due to requiring a new sample. So many folks don't even have that much information. According to Bennett Greenspan, all tests passing QC and not requiring additional samples should be done by 4/15. With the bulk of the pre-orders out of the way, they will, hopefully, be able to churn out the retests.

I hope you find something in your results that makes this process worthwhile.

Michael

Comment

Many thanks

Comment

Amastra, did your swab set include a note that they needed more for BigY? Or did it say, as my recent package did, that you had an old or scarce sample, and that FTDNA want more for FUTURE tests?

Comment

Originally posted by sjadelson View Post
          Amastra, did your swab set include a note that they needed more for BigY? Or did it say, as my recent package did, that you had an old or scarce sample, and that FTDNA want more for FUTURE tests?
          following from this point, perhaps you should contact FTDNA to confirm that the kit is for the Big Y.

Comment

All good points.

Comment

Good luck getting an answer. I was sent a "contingency sample kit", but have no idea if it was used even though I've asked.

What used to be a responsive help desk is now anything but.

Yes I'm sure they're "experiencing an unusually high email volume", but IMO they brought that upon themselves by not having their "ducks in a row" for Big-Y questions; and then compounding the problem by having a mtDNA sale when they're still backlogged with the Big-Y tests that they can't afford to answer customer's questions.

Comment

Working...
              X