DF27 - Z270 question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF27 - Z270 question

Z270 is a SNP under DF27 and is tested by FTDNA, but doesn't show up in my Big Y results. Any ideas why this might be?

Originally posted by Mythtown View Post
    Z270 is a SNP under DF27 and is tested by FTDNA, but doesn't show up in my Big Y results. Any ideas why this might be?
    According to this thread: http://www.anthrogenica.com/showthre...-results/page7

DF27 isn't included either

Comment

I had kinda the same problem with my results. The reason, if I understand it correctly, is that the SNPs I want are deletions and as such are not included in Big-Y results, but can be pulled from the raw data.

Are the SNPs you want deletions?

Comment

Originally posted by Varego View Post
        Are the SNPs you want deletions?
        No, I don't think so, at least regarding DF27. Regarding Z270, commentary on another forum suggests it is kind of squirrelly. Big Y does include the known SNPs below it including Z216, which might be a more stable SNP parallel to Z270. I welcome anyone's insights on this. I'd prefer to not have to have Z270 tested via the a la cart menu.

Comment

I think Z270 is also PF7598, might check to see if that's on your list. You also might be able to go into your raw data for position 23742431 and see if you have the T value there...

Comment

DF27 is palindromic. I don't really understand what that means but I know it's not read like regular SNP. Perhaps that accounts for the problem?

Ear

Comment

Working...
            X