Big Y - YFull - Y-Chr Sequence Interpretation Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YFull

YFull is again accepting Big-Y BAM files for interpretation.

From their website:

"Technical progress never has a standstill, and technologies in the field of DNA sequence analysis of next generation have began to develop so promptly recently, that volumes of received initial information exceeds tens gigabytes, and complexity of its processing demands professional interpretation tools. No prepayments. Payment only after completed analysis."

Comment

Can anyone speak to the pros/cons for YFull versus FGC? Would there be any point in doing both?

Comment

How to Submit BAM file to YFull

I'm confused about how to send my file to YFull. I downloaded my BAM file but YFull asks for a URL. Can someone enlighten me about how to submit the file?

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by jbarry6899 View Post
          I'm confused about how to send my file to YFull. I downloaded my BAM file but YFull asks for a URL. Can someone enlighten me about how to submit the file?

Jim
          You have to send a help desk request to get access to your BAM file URL. You probably downloaded the raw data by pressing "Download Raw Data" button. That is not the BAM file. The BAM file is huge. Once you contact the help desk it will take up to a week for them to create the file and send you an email with the url link.

Comment

Thanks--I have the file. My problem was in sending it to YFull. I just uploaded it to dropbox and sent them the link. I hope it works.

Jim

Comment

Bam File

How do I get my Big-Y .bam file?
              No response from FTDNA on my request.

Comment

Go to your BigY results page. Look on the upper right for "Download Raw Data." There is a link there for your BAM file. It may take a long time to download as it is very large. If you plan to upload to YFull you will have to use a cloud service like Dropbox, since YFull can't take a direct file upload but requires a url.

Comment

Go to your BigY results page. Look on the upper right for "Download Raw Data." There is a link there for your BAM file. It may take a long time to download as it is very large. If you plan to upload to YFull you will have to use a cloud service like Dropbox, since YFull can't take a direct file upload but requires a url.
                  YFULL has added another option for direct upload of your BAM file from your computer:

FTDNA "Big Y" Full Genomes Inc. BGI

Source of raw data file (.BAM or .FASTQ)
                  Upload .BAM file from my computer (*)
                  Link to a sharing file (for example, Dropbox or Google Drive etc.)
                  (*) We will send a special link by email. This link will be created to upload only your .BAM file. Please, don't publish or share this link for others. This link will be broken after 5 days. File name must including only alphanumeric latin characters (numbers and letters).

Comment

YReport

Now you can share your results using YReport.
                    For example:
                    http://www.yfull.com/share/yreport/5...db59d7dddc281/

Comment

Go to your BigY results page. Look on the upper right for "Download Raw Data." There is a link there for your BAM file.
                      Does this now happen automatically, and if so how soon after the initial posting of the Big Y results? A project member who got his initial Big Y results on Tuesday said that the BAM file download was not available yet. Does he still have to request it, as before?
                      Last edited by lgmayka; 1 November 2014, 05:50 AM.

Comment

Yes, for me anyway, I had to still send in a request for the download and the d/l option appeared a day or so later.

Comment

Similar situation here: results where published 31th October and up until now the "Big Y Raw Data" window only offers the VCF file (270 KB) for download. Not sure if I should contact FTDNA to "activate" the BAM link or wait if it will be offered?

Comment

It seems that still a request is needed to get the BAM-link. This is the answer of helpdesk (W.B.):
                            I have requested your BAM file be generated. Please allow up to 48 hours for this to complete processing. You should be able to log into your kit and download that file by clicking on the blue Download Raw Data button from your Big Y results page.

Comment

Yes, you need to request the BAM file by email, and in my case, I was not notified by email when it became available via the Download button in the Big Y interface--must've taken several weeks following my 11/3/14 results, because I just checked this weekend and found the link waiting there.

Comment

Working...
                              X