Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sample request: Proactive, or failed test?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sample request: Proactive, or failed test?

Just received a new sample request (looks like you have an old or scarce sample). Should I read this as "Big Y failed, and we need more to try again", or just "Big Y used up everything you had, we're just being proactive for the next test you order"?

If the former, somewhat disappointing it took four months to come to that conclusion.

Seems to me, when I had to send in a fresh sample, the deep clade results finished posting before the new sample could have been processed.

Comment

I received the same letter (and kit) on 3/10/14 and returned the sample the next day.

I interpreted the letter as FTDNA wanted a contingency sample because they had used my last vial from storage. I only knew that because I had received a reply to a help desk email I sent that same week from FTDNA's Customer Service Manager (Dr. M Fiedler) that said (in part), "... your Big Y is still in process and moving along fine, from what I can see. I do note that we have pulled the final vial from storage for you. "

But I'm not sure if my reasoning applies in your case.

Comment

Did FTDNA e-mail you before sending the new kit?

The 3/28 has gone and I did not get any BigY... and there is nothing, message or such changing the expected date.
        I would like to ask -- were you informed by e-mail? I have moved and in case a new kit was sent to the old address is lost.

Comment

There was no email notification that a new kit was being sent. It just showed-up with a letter from a Dr. Mittelman.

I would suggest notifying the Help Desk of your address change and also inquire if you were sent a "contingency" sample kit.

Comment

Thanks. I did but as of now, no answer...

Comment

Working...
            X