Who is analyzing "novel variants"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is analyzing "novel variants"?

It would be helpful to know who is working on unplaced and "novel" Y SNP's. Those of us who have about a hundred of each might want to participate in the analysis or at least make sure our results are included.

It would be more obvious which SNP's need attention, if there were a simple way to automagically gray out or otherwise mark all the SNP's that are officially upstream from our "terminal" SNP, leaving a list of any that remain unaccounted for. Does anyone have a utility that accomplishes this?

Originally posted by John McCoy View Post
    It would be helpful to know who is working on unplaced and "novel" Y SNP's. Those of us who have about a hundred of each might want to participate in the analysis or at least make sure our results are included.
    Many "projects" are, especially haplotype ones. Send
    emails to the project admins of the projects you are in.

Mine, Clan Donald, had intended to do just our R1a people,
    but its easy enough that I may do R1b, or at least R1b-L21,
    also.

Doug McDonald

Comment

Analysing Z253 novel variants

Originally posted by John McCoy View Post

It would be more obvious which SNP's need attention, if there were a simple way to automagically gray out or otherwise mark all the SNP's that are officially upstream from our "terminal" SNP, leaving a list of any that remain unaccounted for. Does anyone have a utility that accomplishes this?
      Like STRs, results are only useful if you have something to compare against.
      I am logging all the Big-Y participants in the Z253 and L226 projects.
      When you see everyone in the project derived for a particular SNP, you know that it is 'up the tree' a bit and can be ignored.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...Y%20Novel.xlsx

Still waiting for lots of results!

Comment

I am doing this for R1b-M222.

Comment

Working...
        X