Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pillar_of_fire
    replied
    I sent a free text mail to heldesk... I will use the form..

Leave a comment:

• Jessant
    replied
    Originally posted by Rebekah Canada View Post
    Hi,

Only the actual customer and not GAP can do this:

Use the feedback form to send a message to helpdesk. Select the BIG Y option. They will send the request to Dr. David for the .BAM and put a link up.
    Is this a new policy? I requested my project member's BAM on March 20th. Yesterday I received an update from the helpdesk:

Thank you for your request for the BAM file. I have made this request for you with the lab and will email once I have the link for download.
    My request is a week old, and there hasn't been any indication that my request will be denied because I'm the project administrator, not the actual customer.

Leave a comment:

• Rebekah Canada
    replied
    Hi,

Only the actual customer and not GAP can do this:

Use the feedback form to send a message to helpdesk. Select the BIG Y option. They will send the request to Dr. David for the .BAM and put a link up.

Originally posted by Pillar_of_fire View Post
    I cannot find the link to BAM file download. Please advise.

Leave a comment:

• Pillar_of_fire
    replied
    I cannot find the link to BAM file download. Please advise.

Leave a comment:

• Rebekah Canada
    replied
    Download Managers

Hi,

There are many download managers out there. An example is FlashGet. http://flashget.en.softonic.com/

NOTE: I am not endorsing FlashGet.
    Originally posted by Ann Turner View Post
    Sorry I can't dredge up the details right now, but when I downloaded my exome from 23andMe (stored on Amazon Cloud), they suggested some kind of smart download utility that could resume where it left off. It might be worthwhile trying to locate something along that line.

Leave a comment:

• Ann Turner
    replied
    Sorry I can't dredge up the details right now, but when I downloaded my exome from 23andMe (stored on Amazon Cloud), they suggested some kind of smart download utility that could resume where it left off. It might be worthwhile trying to locate something along that line.

Leave a comment:

• coupster
    replied
    Repeated fails

I too have not had success in downloading my .bam file over the last two days - browser variously estimates one to three days to download 1.1 GB.

There are at least 3 pieces at play here:

1) The file server, which is being hit from multiple users downloading files.

2) The internet.

3) My local network.

While internet transfer speeds vary significantly over the course of the day, it seems like the real bottleneck is the file server. Considering how long it takes to download, there is no fault tolerance for temporal breaks (hiccups) in any part of the network path.

A USB drive would be much appreciated and worth a few $$.

BTW, the .bam file is much needed to confirm novel ancestral variants for comparison with another person who shows derived results.

Leave a comment:

• Wing_Genealogis
    started a topic Bam files for Big Y

Bam files for Big Y

Given the fact the Bam files are so large, the current process of downloading them is difficult for both FTDNA as well as us customers. (I know it has been a royal PITA for me. I am more than 24 hours into the download and have had several failures, and currently still looking at more than two hours to go for my download to be complete).

Would it be possible for FTDNA to offer (for a modest fee) to send a thumb drive with the Bam data to customers?
Working...
X