Conflicting Big Y Status - Confused

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conflicting Big Y Status - Confused

Under Order History, my Big Y test has said Pending for quite some time with no date. It now says Completed with no date. My Big Y has also changed locations on the home screen but says Awaiting Results...

Big Y
    11/27/2013 Batched 544
    11/24/2013 Ordered 544
    Completed 544

And still getting the message:
    "Big Y HiYNGS 544 3/28/2014
    We expect that all samples ordered during the initial sale (last November & December) will be delivered by March 28th. We are processing samples in first come first serve order. If a sample doesn't pass quality control, we will place it in the next set of results to be processed as long as we have enough DNA sample. If we require an additional sample, we will send a new test kit and place the new sample in the first set to be processed when it is returned."

Very misleading and confusing.

I get exactly the same:

27.11.2013 Batched 544
    21.11.2013 Ordered 544
    Completed 544

Maybe we get our results tomorrow. Atleast that's what I hope.

Comment

I think that's just a placeholder for the eventual date. All of my completed tests say things like:

11/12/13 Completed 421

Comment

Originally posted by sjadelson View Post
        I think that's just a placeholder for the eventual date. All of my completed tests say things like:

11/12/13 Completed 421
        As do mine, but it was "Pending" and not "Completed" last I checked.

Comment

Originally posted by J.A.L.Hoebel IV. View Post
          I get exactly the same:

27.11.2013 Batched 544
          21.11.2013 Ordered 544
          Completed 544

Maybe we get our results tomorrow. Atleast that's what I hope.
          Hoping so. Not sure I'll find out anything I don't know, but I couldn't resist a new toy.

Comment

Same here. Got very excited for a few seconds when I saw it but assume it's a mistake following today's maintenance.

Earl.

Comment

Yeah, I'm now getting a "Big Y [Test] Is Here" button right next to my "Waiting For Results" button for Big Y. No thanks, already got one.

Comment

The completed portion doesn't have a date. Hopefully the fact it now has completed there is a sign it's close to being done. Once it's completed they will add a date. Here's the result for an SNP. Note the completed is at the top and the BIG-Y completed/no date is at the bottom. The completed/no date is new on my BIG-Y as it wasn't there a few days ago.

11/2/2013 Completed 530
                8/21/2013 Batched 530
                8/21/2013 Ordered 530

Big Y
                12/4/2013 Batched 545
                11/30/2013 Ordered 545
                Completed 545

Comment

Yes, that looks just like all my other tests. Here's hoping.

Comment

Placeholder maybe ...

I've had the "batch 542" "completed" placeholder there too, but I think it really is only a placeholder, and for some reason, reverse order from all other "ordered, batched, completed" records I have. At least it doesn't say "contaminated in break room when coffee was spilt".

I remain confident we will get the result in 2014.
                    Last edited by Mudgeeclarke; 14 March 2014, 04:55 AM. Reason: Removed Signature Block before Rebekah could ... :-D

Comment

I have the same Big Y Status. I'm trying to ration myself to only checking on a Friday late afternoon now.

Comment

Originally posted by sinclar View Post
                        I have the same Big Y Status. I'm trying to ration myself to only checking on a Friday late afternoon now.

And that's so confusing, too, because it's getting close to Saturday somewhere already !

I think I'll check every day other than Friday, now you've got Fridays covered.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudgeeclarke View Post
                          At least it doesn't say "contaminated in break room when coffee was spilt".

I remain confident we will get the result in 2014.
                          I like your attitude! And that coffee is dangerous stuff. I've lost keyboards that way. It would be tough to find out you share SNPs with a coffee bean.

Comment

Since several days the Big blue sign - the BIG Y IS HERE - is on the home page of kits that already have ordered the Big Y and are expecting results by the end of March (hopefully).

Does it mean that the results are so delayed or thrown out - that the system considers as if there never has been a BIG Y order?

Comment

Originally posted by JohnG View Post
                              I like your attitude! And that coffee is dangerous stuff. I've lost keyboards that way. It would be tough to find out you share SNPs with a coffee bean.

Turns out, Geno 2.0 has me at 95% Homo sapiens and 5% Other ... They say Neanderthal and Denisovan ... but just as likely a Vanilla Machiatto .... ....

Comment

Working...
                              X