Haplogroup change after Big Y results!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by David Godbey View Post
    Received my Big Y results today and the test incorrectly had me as M284- when I should be M284+ and FTNDA moved me from I2a2a1a1* to J1a2b2 L147.1.

Not certain how they will fix this and I'm rather upset with how this has turned out. I can't even access my Walk the Y results anymore for comparison as the page says it's still being tested.
    Annoying, what did FTDNA have to say?

Comment

I've had no response yet, but it's still early.

Comment

Received my Big Y results today and the test incorrectly had me as M284- when I should be M284+ ....
        One would think that such a material change would be noted during a QA review and questioned before accepting it as fact.

Of course the alternative is that all prior Y-DNA testing was wrong.

I can't image how that would be - best of luck and let us know the final outcome.

Comment

I have sent the issue to the people who can actually address it. O:-)
          I've had no response yet, but it's still early.

Comment

Hi,

Your haplogroup is fixed. Did you test M284+ someplace else?

Received my Big Y results today and the test incorrectly had me as M284- when I should be M284+ and FTNDA moved me from I2a2a1a1* to J1a2b2 L147.1.

Not certain how they will fix this and I'm rather upset with how this has turned out. I can't even access my Walk the Y results anymore for comparison as the page says it's still being tested.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebekah Canada View Post
              Hi,

Your haplogroup is fixed. Did you test M284+ someplace else?
              No, my cousin (Kit N34090) did the M284 test and was + so I never bothered.

And, it's impossible to be L1193+, L1194+ and L1195+ without being M284+ as I read the M223 Tree.

Thank you very much for your help.

Comment

Working...
              X