No announcement yet.

BIG Y Order Counts by Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Milligan/Milliken surname project has six Big Y orders. Two were received last night. One had been ordered 11/13 in batch 542. The other was in batch 545, ordered 12/1. The remaining unfinished orders are all batch 545.

Susan

Comment

I thought they would be. It seems they are not. :-( Sorry.
      Originally posted by 113355 View Post
      Thx Rebekah!
      I would like to ask one question: Are they in receive order?

Comment

Just a guess, but for the question of the order in which results are returned, I expect this is what happens: The samples enter the testing process in the order received. Then, it takes as long as it takes to complete the test. They come out when they are finished. Isn't that the best we can hope for?

Comment

Originally posted by John McCoy View Post
          Just a guess, but for the question of the order in which results are returned, I expect this is what happens: The samples enter the testing process in the order received. Then, it takes as long as it takes to complete the test. They come out when they are finished. Isn't that the best we can hope for?
          It always seems my results take a little longer than others, if my BigY results come in within the next 10 weeks they'll beat my WTY but I got my WTY and I'll get my BigY : )

I definitely wouldn't insist anybody who ordered after my batch 542 order didn't get their results until mine came in and I might get a little miffed if FTDNA held up my processed results because they hadn't completed a prior order ?

I think some folk need take a stress pill : )

Comment

In the G-PF3146 we have:
            Pending:
            11125 542 12/11/2013
            45262 543 20/11/2013

Back:
            None.

Comment

There are 4 BigY orders in the Prince Edward Island Geographical Project. No results yet.

Comment

Big Y for Lower Delmarva

Originally posted by Kathleen Carrow View Post
                My Lower Delmarva group has one kit received last week and 2 more pending. We have 181 kits ( +-).
                We have an R1,R1b and an I2b1 ordered.
                Y receieved my Big Y on 2/27; I am in the Townsend Posey subgroup of Lower Delmarva..

Steve in Oro Valley

Comment

Originally posted by Steve in OV View Post
                  Y receieved my Big Y on 2/27; I am in the Townsend Posey subgroup of Lower Delmarva..

Steve in Oro Valley
                  Hi Steve
                  Sending you an e-mail and a PM on here.
                  Kathleen ( Lower Delmarva)

Comment

S668

Originally posted by maolalai View Post
                    Pending
                    181933 HiYNGS 543 3/28/2014
                    B1871 HiYNGS 545 3/28/2014

Back
                    none

A small project with only two Big Y's, but an interesting pair in that they're father and son (mine and my father's). Since I'm M222+, DF85+, DF97-; from the vcf I'm most interested in whether S668 and S673 are covered now that the GRCh37 positions of both have been disclosed, although a couple of equivalents could prove just as good. What I'm really waiting for though is the BAM file for each kit, between SAMtools and lobSTR that should keep me busy for months .

The surname family history has effectively been rewritten already by Y-DNA testing given that no Lally's or Mullally's match the purported broader clann affiliation in modern genealogies, and the co-chiefs of the original family territory also appear to be R-M222+ (but with a high STR divergence and no common off M222 modal markers), which prompted me to take a deeper dive into old surname references. A lenited F in the older references to my surname suggest to me that "alaidh" was not a correct interpretation of the latter part, and given the apparent Tir Chonaill connection for DF85 the use of Cenn instead of Maol to denote "head" in old Ulster Gaelic at least from my gleanings points to the name of a clann that lived in a neighboring territory; it will be interesting if over the next few years NGS can support or refute a link.
                    S668 is not sequenced, as you may have seen by now. This is confirmed by Dr. Mittelman.
                    S673 is sequenced and appears to be working OK.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebekah Canada View Post
                      I am going to post BIG Y orders in my projects by project and order number. Please join in.
                      The R L21 and subclades project has 33 Big Y results in. There are 270 orders pending.

There are about 20 more haplogroup projects that are subclades of L21. Some of these people are not in the L21 project but I've had almost 50 additional L21 people of one type or another post that they have Big Y on order.

Anyone is L21+ or positive for some downstream SNP - please join the master project. This should not detract from any projects you are currently in. This is just in addition.
                      http://www.familytreedna.com/public/R-L21/

It is particularly important for you to join if you have Big Y on order as that will allow us to automatically see your results when they come in and do comparative analysis.

This is critical. SNPs are just markers. To be useful, test results must be shared across groups of potentially related people. What is shared can be compared by phylogenetic comparative methods.
                      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phyloge...rative_methods

This is not difficult, but it does take a lot of work to manage all of the detailed data. I encourage you to get help from your haplogroup project administrators.

Comment

Originally posted by mwwalsh View Post
                        The R L21 and subclades project has 33 Big Y results in. There are 270 orders pending.

This is not difficult, but it does take a lot of work to manage all of the detailed data. I encourage you to get help from your haplogroup project administrators.
                        Have you developed a systematic way to use the VCF files? The lack of data in the ID column(which should contain SNP names when known) and INFO column (which could contain tags for "novel", "on the tree", etc) makes it more difficult than necessary.

Comment

Hi,

Are you using David Pike's utility?
                          http://www.math.mun.ca/~dapike/FF23u...igYvcf2csv.php
                          It is still in testing, but...
                          Originally posted by Ann Turner View Post
                          Have you developed a systematic way to use the VCF files? The lack of data in the ID column(which should contain SNP names when known) and INFO column (which could contain tags for "novel", "on the tree", etc) makes it more difficult than necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by Ann Turner View Post
                            I have not done that for those VCF files but I have
                            done so for the caller program I wrote. If you have
                            a file in order of locations one simply has a database list
                            of known SNPs in the same order and checks each entry
                            in in new file against the database list. My list
                            is only the current ISOGG database. So all are,
                            of course, "on the tree". It would be easy to add the
                            Chromo2 ones. I wrote this checker in such a way that,
                            if the equivalent were used on these VCF files, thos
                            two columns would simply be filled in and a new VCF file
                            written out. My program is about 140 lines of code.

If you want and give me a list of the lists of SNPs
                            to be included, I can write a program to do individual VCF files.

I intend to do something like that when the BigY R1a files FINALLY
                            ACTUALLY ARRIVE. I intend to work from the .bam files, but will look
                            at the .vcf ones too. With only 18 files it not a huge job. This case
                            is easier than most because all are CTS4179+ and Chromo2 has nothing
                            downstream.

Doug McDonald
                            Last edited by dtvmcdonald; 11 March 2014, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebekah Canada View Post
                              Hi,

Are you using David Pike's utility?
                              http://www.math.mun.ca/~dapike/FF23u...igYvcf2csv.php
                              It is still in testing, but...
                              Thanks for the pointer. I didn't realize David was working on anything. His utility appears to create a new column for genotype, filling in the REF value if there is no ALT value. It doesn't handle indels, though -- it just lists one base. That's useful, but I really want more annotations in the VCF file, or even better, a downloadable file of what the user sees on his results page.

Comment

I have a working program that annotates the .VCF file
                                for SNPs, not indels. I have a program for single-location
                                dels and indels, but I've not tried it on the .vcf file.
                                This uses Thomas Krahn's SNP database.

However, I have no idea if each and every annotation is
                                CORRECT.

Ann, if you would send me a vcf file or two I can
                                run it on them and send you the results. I don't have permission to share the (disgustingly few) Clan Donald VCF files.

Doug McDonald

Comment

Working...
                                X