No announcement yet.

Big Y results release days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So the Order History page is the best page to check status once my BigY + yDNA111 is batched, right?

Comment

• Woohoo Batch 575!

Comment

• So I found the Awaiting Results page which shows 5-7 weeks for y-DNA111 and 7-9 weeks for Big Y.

Comment

• Yay, just got my first panel of YDNA-111 results [PANEL 5 (76-85)] which is in the same batch as my BigY test. Here is hoping the rest of the YDNA-111 and the BigY results come soon!

Comment

• Originally posted by johnabuchanan View Post
            As a matter of interest, how and when do FTDNA decide they need a new kit - I've been waiting 28 weeks and heard nothing apart from general fluff each time I ask for a progress report.
            FTDNA determined that a new kit was needed within 2-4 weeks after the order was batched in two recent cases in my projects.

The Help Desk has told me that an e-mail is sent out at the same time as a new kit if a new kit is required. But in these two cases, no e-mail was received by either participant or by the group admin.

In one of these cases, the new kit was not received either, and we only found out one was needed 7 weeks later by calling the Help Desk and the Help Desk checking with the lab. This was after e-mailing the Help Desk and waiting 3 weeks for an answer from the lab that never came. A second new test kit is to be mailed out this week.

Calling the help desk when results are overdue and requesting they check with the lab seems to be the only way to find out if a new kit is needed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Augestflex View Post
              So the Order History page is the best page to check status once my BigY + yDNA111 is batched, right?
              The order history and forecast completion dates on your FTDNA personal pages are generic to orders placed at the same time as yours. The Help Desk has told me that they do not reflect the progress of your individual kit, but only the expected completion dates if progress is being made in typical fashion.

Once the estimate is down to forecast completion in 1-2 weeks, it stays that way until the test is completed. We have a recent kit that is more than a month overdue and has been forecasting completion within 1-2 weeks for over a month. When we called to ask about progress, we were told that a new kit is required and was mailed out 7 weeks ago.

The dates on the FTDNA personal pages are only useful as an initial forecast of when results might be ready. If results are significantly overdue, it's best to call the Help Desk and ask them to check with the lab on the actual status of a particular test.

Comment

• Originally posted by morrisondna View Post
                Calling the help desk when results are overdue and requesting they check with the lab seems to be the only way to find out if a new kit is needed.
                Indeed, I did get the Help Desk to agree to send me a new test kit 'as a precaution' as the lab had been unable to get full coverage despite a number of retries.

I duly got the new kit and have just been informed a couple of days ago that they have now received my new sample.
                With the faster turnround being experienced now I should get my results by end August.

After being one of the first to get my Chromo 2 results from ScotlandsDNA, I feel I have now fallen way behind those now going on to NGS testing.

Comment

• In the Clan Donald project we still have one kit outstanding that was ordered within 4 hours of the BigY being announced,
                  and one other from the pre-sale.

The first few ordered after results finally came in in April
                  were returned promptly, but more recent ones seem to be slower, but a slowing coming in.

Comment

Working...
                  X