Big Y results release days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Y results release days

Hope this is OK to post here - please move it if it's not...

I was wondering if results are still streaming through after the initial release on 28th February? And is there a designated day for release, such as Fridays?

I check my Big Y status daily. Should I just check on a Friday or wait until 28th March to see if I'm in the next release of results?

Hi,

I am on my way into the office to investigate now.... I will let you know what I discover....
    Originally posted by sinclar View Post
    ...I was wondering if results are still streaming through after the initial release on 28th February? And is there a designated day for release, such as Fridays?...

Comment

If I had to take a guess at what is going on is they are testing this new technology. They cannot "stream in results"
      until they are assured it's working correctly. This would involve picking people,from the initial orders, to cover all the known subclades. If a particular subclade does not come back correctly they have to back up and figure out why not. Also there may be other inconsistent results that would have to be straightened out (i.e. is it a problem with the sample or a problem with the technology ?).
      Then when this is sorted out , results can begin to "stream in".
      I am basing this on how I would procede if I got a new piece of technology. In addition I notice some who have gotton results are from batch numbers higher than mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Brunetmj View Post
        If I had to take a guess at what is going on is they are testing this new technology. They cannot "stream in results"
        until they are assured it's working correctly. This would involve picking people,from the initial orders, to cover all the known subclades. If a particular subclade does not come back correctly they have to back up and figure out why not. Also there may be other inconsistent results that would have to be straightened out (i.e. is it a problem with the sample or a problem with the technology ?).
        Then when this is sorted out , results can begin to "stream in".
        I am basing this on how I would procede if I got a new piece of technology. In addition I notice some who have gotton results are from batch numbers higher than mine.
        They've had three months for that.I thought Thomas Krahn had said test runs had already been done by Illumina. Unless they just got the equipment,and or reagent. (Or still don't have )

Comment

I originally thought that the Feb. 28 date was so late
          because the idea was to have ALL the results analyzed and
          a haplotype tree created and announced on that day.
          Apparently not. Then I had expected results to dribble out before March 28. Apparently at least not yet.

My cynical guess is that the first 100 were all the
          ones out of lots more that made it over 10,000,000 good
          calls. Lack of more results today leads fuel to cynicism.

Comment

Originally posted by dtvmcdonald View Post
            I originally thought that the Feb. 28 date was so late
            because the idea was to have ALL the results analyzed and
            a haplotype tree created and announced on that day.
            Apparently not. Then I had expected results to dribble out before March 28. Apparently at least not yet.

My cynical guess is that the first 100 were all the
            ones out of lots more that made it over 10,000,000 good
            calls. Lack of more results today leads fuel to cynicism.
            Maybe the Arpeggi engine they use for variant calls wasn't up to the task.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebekah Canada View Post
              Hi,

I am on my way into the office to investigate now.... I will let you know what I discover....
              Thank you, Rebekah - greatly appreciated...

Comment

Originally posted by Snickering_Homin View Post
                Maybe the Arpeggi engine they use for variant calls wasn't up to the task.
                I have a comment on that: I looked at the Full Genomes
                BAM files, used them to create pileup files with samtools,
                and wrote my own conservative caller program. For
                conservative calling of haploid things this is not hard.
                What's hard is calling diploid parts using tissues where rare
                somatic mutations are being looked for, which is the big
                industry at the moment. That's why I want to see a BigY
                bam file as soon as possible!

Comment

There have only been 2 releases right? February 27th and March 7th?

Comment

From what I can gather, the release of results is ongoing...
                    I'm half expecting to see a new kit pop through my letterbox, although I am hopeful this won't be the case because they should have extra material because I did the Geno 2.0 test just a year ago, after initially testing for STRs a year or so before.

Comment

Will be interesting to see if my results are ready by end of the week. I was told possibly as early as last week, but probably the end of this week. Based on the lack of movement for what sounds like most orders, I am not too optimistic at this stage in the game. Been playing e-mail musical chairs with helpdesk, but taking a break as the misinformation far exceeded the honest communication I believe we deserve.

Comment

March 14 results: zero

On Feb. 27 Clan Donald got one result.
                        On March 7 we got two.

Today so far (6:30 PM CDT): zero, despite one being described as "done" on Wednesday.

Comment

Expected Timing of Big Y Results

Originally posted by sinclar View Post
                          Hope this is OK to post here - please move it if it's not...

I was wondering if results are still streaming through after the initial release on 28th February? And is there a designated day for release, such as Fridays?

I check my Big Y status daily. Should I just check on a Friday or wait until 28th March to see if I'm in the next release of results?
                          Rebekah,

It would still be helpful to have this information. If this question has already been answered, please excuse the duplicate request. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Hi,

I cannot comment. Sorry. :-( I will post as much as I can when I can.
                            Originally posted by morrisondna View Post
                            Rebekah,

It would still be helpful to have this information. If this question has already been answered, please excuse the duplicate request. Thanks for your help.

Comment

About 10-15% of the introductory-sale Big Y orders have results so far. Do we actually expect the other 85-90% to complete within the next 13 days?

Comment

Working...
                              X