Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to report new SNPs (variant calls)??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to report new SNPs (variant calls)??

I noted where my Z6 clade was found in two 1000 Genome testers (HG00143 & HG00149). Looking at:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...hl=en_US#gid=0 and searching for those individuals, I find a list of singleton SNPs for these folks.

I checked HG00143 first (as he only had a single singleton): 6633488 mutation T to A.

Checking my Novel Variants, I searched for this Position and Eureka! I am showing the derived A value.

I also noted where I did not have any of the 9 singletons listed in the other 1Kg sample (HG00149).

Given the fact this SNP has been found in two (apparently unrelated) individuals, what are the steps needed to get this SNP recognized by FTDNA?

EDIT: One other note worth mentioning: Another Z6 individual did not have this mutation listed in his Novel Variants, so it appears this is not synonymous with Z6.
    Last edited by Wing_Genealogis; 28th February 2014, 07:44 PM. Reason: added detail

More SNPs from the "Novel Variant" region

The following two SNPs are already available for purchase via FTDNA's a-la-carte menu, but are unlabelled in the initial Big-Y release:

DF101 7585948 G>T
    DF102 21070438 G>C

Comment

Hi,

I have sent a message about that. Thanks!

Originally posted by Wing_Genealogis View Post
      The following two SNPs are already available for purchase via FTDNA's a-la-carte menu, but are unlabelled in the initial Big-Y release:

DF101 7585948 G>T
      DF102 21070438 G>C

Comment

Working...
      X