X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official BIG Y Results Update

Hello,

We’ll release the first set of BIG Y results by Feb 28th. We are processing samples in first come first serve order. If a sample doesn't pass quality control, we will place it in the next set of results to be processed as long as we have enough DNA sample. If we require an additional sample, we will send a new test kit and place the new sample in the first set to be processed when it is returned. We expect that all samples ordered in December will be delivered by March 28th. Thereafter we expect a 8 to 10 week turn around time from date of sample receipt.
    • I have updated the BIG Y page in the new Learning Center. http://www.familytreedna.com/learn/y-dna-testing/big-y/
    • I have posted this message here.
    • I will also send it to the genealogy-DNA mailing list this evening.
    • Soon, we will update myFTDNA accounts with the new dates where needed.

As always, if there is anything I may do to help, please let me know.

What was the first batch with BigY samples Rebekah?

Comment

I'm pretty sure it's 542.

Comment

Originally posted by AFBLUE View Post
        I'm pretty sure it's 542.
        Thanks. So, those in batch 542 should see their results on Friday, pending no issues with the sample?

Comment

I'm 543 so I'm hoping I make the first cut.

Comment

My order from November is in Batch 544.
            It is still saying expected 28 Feb 2014.
            I hope that is true...

Comment

Originally posted by AFBLUE View Post
              I'm 543 so I'm hoping I make the first cut.
              I know. It has been a long wait, over 3 1/2 months for me.

Comment

I am in batch 545 so hopefully I am in the group released by Friday.

Comment

I'm in 544 and I can't wait to see what we can do with this mass of new data. I feel lonely up in L2*.

If I recall it was said that they were planning to use all those who purchased in the sale as their QA. If Rebekah is giving us 8 weeks then perhaps most of December will be in too?

Here's hoping

Comment

I'm 545, so it's posible that my results won't be delivered on Friday. At least I know now...

Comment

I'm in batch 544 Tick tock. Are we there yet? Don't pull over, I'll just pee in my seat.

Comment

The only thing that puzzles me, I'm pretty sure that my sample had "Q" code on it many weeks ago, which then disappeared; giving the impression it had gone through a quality control process.

Comment

Based on the 28 mar completion for all batches I'm guessing at the following batch release schedule.

542=28 Feb
                          543= 7 Mar
                          544= 14 Mar
                          545= 21 Mar

Again I'm just guessing ( and mentally preparing to wait longer)

Comment

Rebekah posted tests ordered in December by 28 March. All Sale tests, that is to Batch 545 were ordered in Nov. So I expect all Sale tests to be released this Friday as previously advised
                            Phillip

Comment

Goodness you guys are cute.

Let me clarify. All tests ordered before 1 January 2014 should be completed by 28 March 2014. As long as anyone who has to be send a new sample collection kit gets it back ASAP we will do our best to keep them on track. If you ordered BIG Y and you don't get results by this Friday night, you will get results after Friday night. See?
                              Originally posted by gowanlock View Post
                              Rebekah posted tests ordered in December by 28 March. All Sale tests, that is to Batch 545 were ordered in Nov. So I expect all Sale tests to be released this Friday as previously advised
                              Phillip

Comment

Working...
                              X