No announcement yet.

First Batch of BIG Y Test Results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I sent Morgan a note asking for the list of dates we set each 'batch' to on Friday. :-) Mind you, they are target dates.
    Originally posted by Peter MacDonald View Post
    Now that FTDNA has demonstrated its desire to keep its customers informed of the issues involved with the Big Y Testing results, I am sure that FTDNA will be sending out a a detailed schedule of their planned release dates for the remained of Big Y Tests that did not get released on the set date.

Comment

As of 8:30 AM central time on Saturday March 1st my
      estimated date for BIG-Y batch listed as March 28
      Quote "Y HiYNGS 544 3/28/2014"

Comment

Originally posted by PeterLarsen View Post
        I think you are spot on when stating that the policy should always be: Open and honest to their customers. FTDNA needs to practice that policy better.

For example: I for one is asking to know if there have been only 100 kits processed, or are more results ready but not delivered yet to customers?

That must be one of the most simple questions FTDNA can answer. Not answering at all is not equal to being honest either. I wait with patience for the answer.
        Could someone else that is interested in the answer for the above bolded question ask Rebekah the question? Because I think she ignores me intentionally, unintentionally or simply have chosen to ignore my posts using her CP settings (That would be interesting as she is responsible for moderating the forum, then I can write whatever I like without her seing it ,... that is obviously not the case). Perhaps she does not have the answer but then I would like to now that she does not have the answer, speaking in the context of honesty.

Still I am waiting with patience for the answer, when my patience is over I will drive that one simple question to a totally different dimension. It is one simple question that is in the need of one simple and honest answer from FTDNA.

Comment

I'm also wondering why the number of Big Y tests that were purchased, or other related statistics, is such a big secret?

I can remember FTDNA proudly displaying statistics on its home page for the number of customers who purchased all the various test types. For over 2 years I plotted this data just to see the testing growth, but I haven't done so since 2012 so I'm not even sure if that information is still available.

Comment

28 Feb 2014 has come and gone regardless of how many Big Y Test Results have been Released, I feel that we have to move on. FTDNA have admitted there are issues and appear to have realized they have made some horrible calls regarding release of information.

The two things which I feel that FTDA should make known to Big Y Customers ASAP (and this should be very quick as any type of business would be able to provide this information very quickly) is verification that FTDA currently has all the materials in their possession to finish all outstanding Big Y Tests and that they provide a detailed schedule of test results that will see all Big Y Test Results completed.

I will not forget 28 Feb 2014 anytime soon, however I will not dwell in the past so I feel that I should focus my engeries toward what is the way ahead FTDNA proposes and communicates to its customers.

Comment

28 Feb 2014 has come and gone, knowing the number of tests released will not provide any useful information on the way ahead.

FTDNA has admitted to some issues. There are two pieces of information that FTDNA need to release:

1. That FTDNA currently possess (are physically holding) all the required materials to finish the rest of the Big Y Tests.

2. Disclosure their detailed schedule of testing that will see all Big Y Testing completed and deliveries to customers.

Comment

Originally posted by wighty44 View Post
                I'm also wondering why the number of Big Y tests that were purchased, or other related statistics, is such a big secret?

I can remember FTDNA proudly displaying statistics on its home page for the number of customers who purchased all the various test types. For over 2 years I plotted this data just to see the testing growth, but I haven't done so since 2012 so I'm not even sure if that information is still available.
                It disappeared with the new design layout. It does give total number of records, but doesn't break it down. Think it should be brought back and total numbers for BIG Y should be a part of it.

Comment

Release dates for batch 542

Originally posted by Rebekah Canada View Post
                  I sent Morgan a note asking for the list of dates we set each 'batch' to on Friday. :-) Mind you, they are target dates.
                  Thanks Rebekah for following up this question which is on the minds of many. Reading between the lines, did you really mean to say "moving target dates"? Don't answer that, I was just thinking out loud.

I am guessing from anecdotal evidence that the 100 released was in the order of 10% of batch 542, after 4 months. I am responsible for 8 Big Y kits, and alas only one of these in batch 542, so I could have some waiting ahead of me. It looks to me that 50 per working day if that were possible would hardly get batch 542 cleared by the end of the month.

Realistically, is checking every hour for my first result in batch 542 slightly optimistic of me, should I be checking once a month? Don't answer that either.... I think I have guessed the answer!

But if you can report the moving target dates for completion of batches it would give us some sense of how many times a day we need to check for result.

This is a new technology, so hiccups are to be expected. But oh how the waiting is hard! I ordered a Full Y about 9 months ago, results still likely months away, so Big Y progress is just par for the difficult course. I am sure the results will be worth the wait when they come.

John.

Comment

I read somewhere, can't remember where, that 2000-3000 BigY tests have been ordered. Since I can't remember where I read this, I can't vouch for its authenticity.

Comment

• I'd certainly be happy with a batch target delivery date, even if that meant my batch (545) was some months away. This new test is a huge undertaking, I'm grateful that FTDNA has taken this giant leap forward; the initial findings are very exciting. Personally, I can't afford to test again, this is it for me... However, more realistic dates of delivery for batches - if this is the order of testing - would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

• Originally posted by ajmarsh View Post
                        I am guessing from anecdotal evidence that the 100 released was in the order of 10% of batch 542, after 4 months. I am responsible for 8 Big Y kits, and alas only one of these in batch 542, so I could have some waiting ahead of me.
                        I must have been special. I was in Batch 543.

Big Y
                        2/27/2014 Completed 543
                        11/21/2013 In Progress 543
                        11/20/2013 Batched 543
                        11/18/2013 Ordered 543

Comment

• Originally posted by ajmarsh View Post
                          I am guessing from anecdotal evidence that the 100 released was in the order of 10% of batch 542, after 4 months. I am responsible for 8 Big Y kits, and alas only one of these in batch 542, so I could have some waiting ahead of me.
                          I'm one of the 100. I was in Batch 543.

Big Y
                          2/27/2014 Completed 543
                          11/21/2013 In Progress 543
                          11/20/2013 Batched 543
                          11/18/2013 Ordered 543

Comment

• If one was a cynical person …noooo, not me … one could think that it would be in the interests of the organization to release the most favorable-to-marketing results first.

PR is a powerful sales tool. Even a cynic would agree that releasing the first 100 to a media fanfare "ta da" !! would be not very impressive if those 100 were all blah ! results.

However, I tend to believe the 'party line' that a. they ran out of syrup for the Coke machine (or reagent), and b. it's being done in a somewhat orderly fashion except for the odd screw-up and redo. Something like a Professor throwing all the papers down the stairs, and grading according to the step the papers land on. LOL.

Patience is such a wonderful virtue …

Comment

• Originally posted by Mudgeeclarke View Post
                              Patience is such a wonderful virtue …
                              News flash ! My Big Y boat just came in. This evening, sometime. Batch 542, 11/11/13.

Just also note that for the time being the Red Box on my Home Page is still showing, and I had assumed this would go away (my bad), and I accidentally stumbled on the results when I was about to go to the Forums at Resources.

What's new. Hmm. First glance ... I find myself quite a few more SNPs down the line from my L2 (Z49), but none are on the tree yet it seems. I guess my Project managers will also see them coming through. I suppose I will stay as L2 for the moment.

Nice end to a somewhat rough day in my non-FTDNA creative life ...

PS 625 entries (filtered from 36,563 total entries). .... M213 is the last +..
                              Last edited by Mudgeeclarke; 19 March 2014, 08:52 PM.

Comment

• Hi,

Please test out Felix's cute little Chrome extension. Then let us all know what extra tools you would like for BIG Y Fun.
                                Originally posted by Mudgeeclarke View Post
                                News flash ! My Big Y boat just came in. This evening, sometime. Batch 542, 11/11/13.... life ...

Comment

Working...
                                X