X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remove one of my previous posts please

Originally posted by Peter MacDonald View Post
    Rebekah Canada,

Thank you for listening to and implementing some of the Big Y Tester's suggestions!!! Your effort is greatly appreciated and I feel it demonstrates FTDNA's commitment to provide a high level of customer service to clients.

Fully understanding that it is impossible to please 100% of of a group at all times, I feel that FTDNA and yourself have done a commendable job in handling people's expectations.

As the Big Y is a ground breaking genealogical genetic test, I understand that you need to take your time in order to ensure that the product is delivered in a professional format that can be comprehended at least by Project Administrators, in order to make the data useful for genealogical purposes.

I plan to continue to use FTDNA as my sole provider of products for genetic genealogy. I feel that FTDNA's committed to their customers pre and post sale of products is well above and beyond that of any other company in the field.

So Rebekah Canada, I apologize for any extra pressure my personnel inquiries created for FTDNA Staff.

Thanks again,

Peter MacDonald

Rebekah Canada,

Please remove the quoted post above that I apparently posted prematurely with regard to FTDNA's customer service.

Comment

Originally posted by kring1bc View Post
      Bennett says an updated tree will be delivered “within the next several weeks.”
      [/INDENT]
      I would believe this if it were already Nov. 15, 2014.

Comment

I am not sure if anyone else felt that FTDNA's presence was pretty much non-existent on the forums here today. Looks like FTDNA is avoiding providing answers unfortunately.

If FTDNA doesn't want to provide explanations (or discuss) on how we got to where we are on the third Big Y Results release date being removed to a forth non-committal date. I have decided to voice my frustration and testing experience with FTDNA and the Big Y Test on any Genealogy Blog I can.

Comment

Timeline sounds like next week will be the release date for the first half of November orders; I received an e-mail saying probably two weeks on my results and I was end of November, but she did say possibly end of next week.

Comment

I am here.

Peter,

Sometimes in order to work on long term solutions I need to step away from here and address core issues. I am reading though. I am taking notes. I am doing my best to present management with possible solutions. Things are going to get better.
            I am not sure if anyone else felt that FTDNA's presence was pretty much non-existent on the forums here today.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebekah Canada View Post
              Peter,

Sometimes in order to work on long term solutions I need to step away from here and address core issues. I am reading though. I am taking notes. I am doing my best to present management with possible solutions. Things are going to get better.
              Rebekah Canada,

If this is the case why didn't FTDNA mention/state that the Big Y Results would be delayed. Wasting peoples time for the last few days is pretty Low-Class in my opinion. Customers should not have found out today that test results would be delay (for the third time). This reality didn't magically Further to this FTDNA

Open and honest is always the best policy, unfortunately it appears that FTDNA doesn't follow best policy procedures.

Comment

Running out of reagents is being used as one reason for the delay in obtaining results. If I were CEO of FTDNA I'd want to know how that came to pass. Shouldn't the company have asked suppliers what they could realistically deliver before embarking on the process?
                My feeling is that 100 test results is a poor return when we were told of the huge numbers of test applications. For future reference, I suggest FTDNA clearly state that only a tiny percentage of results are likely to be delivered during the first few days when new tests are offered to the public. Had the company told testees a week or so ago that they expected a maximum of 100 results on 28th Feb, most wouldn't have got so excited when they realised there was at least a further month's wait.
                Finally,I suggest FTDNA bite the bullet & pay overtime to the lab technicians in order to speed the whole process up. They have underperformed, so take the financial hit. PR is a serious issue.
                I don't think people are being 'trolls', merely voicing displeasure. If no-one complained, I'd imagine the situation would remain unsatisfactory. Hopefully someone on high will be informed of the problems & remedy them.
                Last edited by bob armstrong; 1 March 2014, 03:32 AM.

Comment

I'm guessing everyone received the email by now? FTDNA ran out of a reagent used in Big Y tests? It doesn't say how long they were out of reagent.

I think if I get another sampling kit in the mail? At this point, I'd rather cancel and ask for a refund.

Comment

Hello,

Too long. As you may know, the major DNA sequencing companies produce packages of propitiatory reagents to use with their machines. This means that the Illumina sequencer that is used for BIG Y (and whole genomes) requires reagents that come in test set boxes from Illumina. Those test set boxes must be kept cold until they are used. Otherwise they go bad. Illumina had a backorder for the test kits including the reagent.

Again, yes, we should have communicated this as it happened. I, in the politest and most professional way possible, have to say "Gee folks, I wish I had known about this stuff. I would have advocated for telling all of you." What is done is done though.

I think we have to focus on what we as a community consider ideal and then find our path to it.
                    Originally posted by Snickering_Homin View Post
                    I'm guessing everyone received the email by now? FTDNA ran out of a reagent used in Big Y tests? It doesn't say how long they were out of reagent....

Comment

Refunds

If you would like a refund or to otherwise rant about being unhappy at this point, please write to [email protected]. Put Attention Michelle in the subject line.
                      .. I think if I get another sampling kit in the mail? At this point, I'd rather cancel and ask for a refund.

Comment

Hello,

Too long. As you may know, the major DNA sequencing companies produce packages of propitiatory reagents to use with their machines. This means that the Illumina sequencer that is used for BIG Y (and whole genomes) requires reagents that come in test set boxes from Illumina. Those test set boxes must be kept cold until they are used. Otherwise they go bad. Illumina had a backorder for the test kits including the reagent.

Again, yes, we should have communicated this as it happened. I, in the politest and most professional way possible, have to say "Gee folks, I wish I had known about this stuff. I would have advocated for telling all of you." What is done is done though.

I think we have to focus on what we as a community consider ideal and then find our path to it.
                        So, open and honest now. Does FTDNA have results for 100 kits only? or 2000 but only 100 released?

Comment

I'm guessing everyone received the email by now? FTDNA ran out of a reagent used in Big Y tests? It doesn't say how long they were out of reagent.

I think if I get another sampling kit in the mail? At this point, I'd rather cancel and ask for a refund.

Have to admit it is very late but it is a least a step in the right direction. Apparently FTDNA has discovered a technology that allows them to send out bulk emails to its customers and have decided to implement this technology to inform its customers (which is a very good thing).

Now that FTDNA has demonstrated its desire to keep its customers informed of the issues involved with the Big Y Testing results, I am sure that FTDNA will be sending out a a detailed schedule of their planned release dates for the remained of Big Y Tests that did not get released on the set date.

Comment

Hello,

Rebekah Canada,

Is FTDNA still awaiting materials that are required to complete Big Y Tests??

If so is that the reason that FTDNA is stating that it "expects" to have Big Big Y Tests that were order Nov/Dec 2013…hopefully by 28 March 2013??

Please advise.

Comment

Checking current supply status.

Peter,

That is a good question. As far as I know, no. However, I will double check with both Nir Leibovich and Dr. David Mittelman to be sure. Heck, I will run it past Dr. Connie Borman at the same time just to be sure everyone is in the loop.
                              Rebekah Canada,

Is FTDNA still awaiting materials that are required to complete Big Y Tests??

If so is that the reason that FTDNA is stating that it "expects" to have Big Big Y Tests that were order Nov/Dec 2013…hopefully by 28 March 2013??

Please advise.

Comment

Rebekah Canada,

If this is the case why didn't FTDNA mention/state that the Big Y Results would be delayed. Wasting peoples time for the last few days is pretty Low-Class in my opinion. Customers should not have found out today that test results would be delay (for the third time). This reality didn't magically Further to this FTDNA

Open and honest is always the best policy, unfortunately it appears that FTDNA doesn't follow best policy procedures.
                                I think you are spot on when stating that the policy should always be: Open and honest to their customers. FTDNA needs to practice that policy better.

I for one is asking to know if there have been only 100 kits processed, or are more results ready but not delivered yet to customers?

That must be one of the most simple questions FTDNA can answer. Not answering at all is not equal to being honest either. I wait with patience for the answer.

Comment

Working...
                                X