First Batch of BIG Y Test Results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rivergirl View Post
    "We will release results from the BIG Y Pre-Sale with the BETA myFTDNA results pages in mid February 2014."

Having to scroll through messages on forums to find out about what is happening with a major new test is getting a tad old.

Why don't they just update the Pending Lab Results notes so that we all know what is going on. Of course that would be too simple.
    Agreed. FTDNA should be pushing information to its costumers. People shouldn't be finding out that they will not be receiving their results on the Beta page in mid February by randomly coming across this matter looking at threads in the forum:/

If FTDNA wrongly set the expectation among its Big Y customers by sending out information to everyone's account, then FTDNA should send out further information with regard to when customers should expect to see their test results on the Beta page. That would prove to me that FTDNA holds it's customer service to the same level of its sales service, and would earn my long-term customer loyalty.

Comment

What formats are Big Y results coming in and how and where will be displayed?

How we are going to analyze this, comparing various groups of individuals?

If there is another thread on this please point me there. I'd like to see an FTDNA person engaged in this discussion so it is not just all about speculations.

Comment

Originally posted by mwwalsh View Post
        What formats are Big Y results coming in and how and where will be displayed?

How we are going to analyze this, comparing various groups of individuals?

If there is another thread on this please point me there. I'd like to see an FTDNA person engaged in this discussion so it is not just all about speculations.
        Hi Mike,

I managed to talk folks here in Houston into using the .BAM format for output. We are looking at some high powered spreadsheet web displays for the thousands of SNPs that will come out of this. I hope to be able to say more about trees and such soon.

The newest information is in the BETA Learning Center.
        http://www.familytreedna.com/learn/d...testing/big-y/
        Keep in mind that the rest of the Learning Center is not officially out yet though.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebekah Canada View Post
          Hi Mike,

I managed to talk folks here in Houston into using the .BAM format for output. We are looking at some high powered spreadsheet web displays for the thousands of SNPs that will come out of this. I hope to be able to say more about trees and such soon.

The newest information is in the BETA Learning Center.
          http://www.familytreedna.com/learn/d...testing/big-y/
          Keep in mind that the rest of the Learning Center is not officially out yet though.
          Thanks. I volunteer, kit N54638, to participate in any way that helps. I'm a project administrator so I want to be able to help people get value at this. I'm a little afraid of he volume of data we may see. That's good, but we need to have ways to filter and summarize it too.

I see the web link describes how derived results will show up in a person's haplotree. The number of derived results will be enormous depending on how ancient FTDNA will set the reference or ancestral model.

Will there be any ability to filter reference models down to more recent references depending on the individual, for example, L21, or even younger?

Comment

Mike your questions are on the right track. This product promised some meaningful reports... so there should be some tools to manage all of your project's L513, L193 etc test kits with BigY results.

I paid a lot for the FMS test nearly 2 years ago and I have nothing but an H designation... not even an H*. I sure hope something more meaningful comes out of BigY and I know at least you will be making every effort. I just hope FTDNA also puts effort into interpreting results... not just generating data!

Comment

Hey Rebekah it's my birthday next Monday (just sayin' you know!)

Comment

Good Morning Earl,

Will it be your 21st again?

Originally posted by Earl Davis View Post
                Hey Rebekah it's my birthday next Monday (just sayin' you know!)

Comment

Very excited about the Big Y results. I do hope they come in on time as I'm impatiently waiting...

Comment

Is it mid-February yet? :-P

Comment

Originally posted by DeeTyler View Post
                      In eleven days.

Comment

Hi,

You know... You guys might be having fun cutting up.... but I could have both the text and the date changed to 29 February..... ;-)

Originally posted by DeeTyler View Post

Comment

Hi,

You know... You guys might be having fun cutting up.... but I could have both the text and the date changed to 29 February..... ;-)
                          Rebekah, the date should be changed since it does say mid-February when I check Pending Results. I would suggest a date that does exist, say February 28th or March 1st, 2014.

"We will release results from the BIG Y Pre-Sale with the BETA myFTDNA results pages in mid February 2014."

People reading this thread know it's going to be end of the month, but how many of your BIG Y customers belong to the forums? If the date stays mid-February, expect customer service to be fielding e-mails and phone calls from upset customers. Keeping an inaccurate date is not good customer service.

Comment

I know, and I have requested it changed. My finders are crossed though that all alert admins are reading these forums and communicating with their project members.

Originally posted by kring1bc View Post
                            ... If the date stays mid-February, expect customer service to be fielding e-mails and phone calls from upset customers. Keeping an inaccurate date is not good customer service.

Comment

Thank you. I have tested with several DNA companies and for the most part, FTDNA's customer service is miles above the competition. There were some glaring exceptions when it came to dates, but I considered those the exception. On the plus side, when I did e-mail customer service and they didn't have the answer, they followed up and got me an answer or resolved the problem.

Comment

I know, and I have requested it changed. My finders are crossed though that all alert admins are reading these forums and communicating with their project members.
                                "Fingers crossed", really....
                                How about FTDNA actually updating their expected dates.
                                This has been an ongoing issue with customers for years, and it is so easy to fix.

Comment

Working...
                                X