Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Batch of BIG Y Test Results

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could tell me when the results for the first batch of the Big Y Test will be ready??

Thanks.

Probably 31.12.2013

Comment

Originally posted by engisdene View Post
      Probably 31.12.2013
      December 31 being FTDNA's estimated date I'd say "possibly". Given that this is a new thing, I'd factor in some slippage.

Comment

There's a FAQ up now with an estimate of February 2014. There has been quite a flurry of orders, so I wouldn't be surprised if it takes longer than that.

http://www.familytreedna.com/faq/answers.aspx?id=27

Comment

I am seeing an expected date of 1/13/2014 on batch 544.

Comment

I am now seeing my expected test results for 1/6/2014. Be nice to get them earlier, however, 6 January is good. Looks like there will be a batch of results every week for the Big Y.

Comment

First Batch of BIG Y Test Results

Anyone know how the results will be posted on project pages? Geno 2.0 results have a long list of positive SNPS. With Big Y testing thousands of SNPS that my not be feasible. And if the terminal SNP discovered is a new one it may be challenging to see how if fits with others' results. That may make it difficult to decide whether to purchase the test or a specific SNP test based on looking at potential matchs' Big Y results.

An explanation would be helpful.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Peter MacDonald View Post
                I am now seeing my expected test results for 1/6/2014. Be nice to get them earlier, however, 6 January is good. Looks like there will be a batch of results every week for the Big Y.
                My expected date for results has been bumped up to 28 Feb 2014 with the message:

"We will release results from the BIG Y Pre-Sale with the BETA myFTDNA results pages in mid February 2014."

Anyone still have a date for their results to be released earlier than this?

Comment

I am in batch 542 and have the same thing listed:
                  Big Y HiYNGS 542 2/28/2014 We will release results from the BIG Y Pre-Sale with the BETA myFTDNA results pages in mid February 2014.

Comment

My expected date for results has been bumped up to 28 Feb 2014 with the message:

"We will release results from the BIG Y Pre-Sale with the BETA myFTDNA results pages in mid February 2014."

Anyone still have a date for their results to be released earlier than this?
                    I'm getting the same message as you now.

Comment

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could tell me when the results for the first batch of the Big Y Test will be ready??

Thanks.
                      My understanding is that the batch due dates that people have been seeing for Big Y were in error, at least as far as depicting release of the results to the customer.

At the conference as Big Y was announced, FTDNA was very clear not to expect results until mid-February. For some reason there IT system was reporting December dates. I think that is because the actual tests might be done early but FTDNA is going through extra quality control steps, hence the February dates.

Comment

Big Y

Hello,

Thanks.
                        Yes, me batch 545 , results mid February.
                        I would be really interested as to what the resulting format will look like.

Comment

Originally posted by mwwalsh View Post
                          ...At the conference as Big Y was announced, FTDNA was very clear not to expect results until mid-February. For some reason there IT system was reporting December dates. I think that is because the actual tests might be done early but FTDNA is going through extra quality control steps, hence the February dates.
                          Hi,

Yah. We did a manual override on expected dates to set then all for February. That is not due to processing time but QA and interface design time.

Comment

Would it be possible to get BAM files when they are ready?

Comment

I'm in 546 and not expected date yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X