V19

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V19

Interesting, I have 35 mutations in my coding region. I am designated as V19.

I have two (2) step matches & four (3) step matches at this point in time, and some good family trees to work with, so not too bad.

I have been told that the V19 mutations occurred in the British Isles.

Best regards, Douglas W. Fisher, Kit #122883

Paternal: U106+Z18+Z14+Z372+
    Maternal: V19

Grouping

In the V Haplogroup project spreadsheet, I have been grouped with my two 2 step matches, who are perfect matches to each other. Researching to find our common ancestor.

Maternal: V19

Comment

V19a1

I am V19a1 haplogroup. My closest two matches at this point in time are two 2 step matches, because I have two heteroplasmies.

Maternal: V19a1

Comment

Just to clarify

Originally posted by DWFlineage View Post
        I am V19a1 haplogroup. My closest two matches at this point in time are two 2 step matches, because I have two heteroplasmies.

Maternal: V19a1
        Since hereroplasmies are mutations that are still mutating, not fully matured, they are not considered a mismatch like a fully matured mutation mismatch; therefore my two closest V19 matches are most likely still within a 500 year timeframe for sharing common ancestor. My heteroplasmies will most likely benefit me someday, when someone who is also V19 has the same heteroplasmies as me; kind of like a fingerprint.

Comment

Originally posted by DWFlineage View Post
          Since hereroplasmies are mutations that are still mutating, not fully matured, they are not considered a mismatch like a fully matured mutation mismatch; therefore my two closest V19 matches are most likely still within a 500 year timeframe for sharing common ancestor. My heteroplasmies will most likely benefit me someday, when someone who is also V19 has the same heteroplasmies as me; kind of like a fingerprint.
          Can you inherit heteroplasmy ? I did not think so.

Comment

Yes

Can you inherit heteroplasmy ? I did not think so.

I inherited the heteroplasmies from my birth mother, and she inherited them from her birth mother. The heteroplasmies can take many generations to mature. I know that my birth mother had other children, so if one of her children were to do a full sequence mtdna test someday, then we would match.

Comment

DWFlineage, thank you! Thanks to you, I have learned that it is possible to inherit heteroplasmy.

The closest I had found on explaining the mechanism was the abstract from Mitochondrial DNA and the mammalian oocyte (2007).

Comment

Glad to help

Originally posted by dna View Post
                DWFlineage, thank you! Thanks to you, I have learned that it is possible to inherit heteroplasmy.

The closest I had found on explaining the mechanism was the abstract from Mitochondrial DNA and the mammalian oocyte (2007).
                I read that abstract too, and I did further research which did state that heteroplasmies are inherited. One research study that I read was encouraging, because they researched a group of centurians, and found that they also had inherited heteroplasmies.

Best regards, Douglas W. Fisher(adopted name)

Kit#122883

Comment

Working...
                X