K1a+195C and FGS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K1a+195C and FGS

Hi ! Yesterday, I had a failure notice about my FGS. They will rerun it and I have a new expected date for results (7/04/2011 now) Well I'm worried a little and to help myself to pass the time faster I would ask a precision : as a k1a+195C, which subclade could I possibly move or not ? Secondly, does anyone before me as a k1a+195C after a FGS has moved to a subclade which is ashkenazi jew ? Thank you by advance.

If you are K1a and you don't already have 16524 then you can't be in Ashkenazi subclade K1a9, and if you don't already have 16234 then you can't be in Ashkenazi subclade K1a1b1a. Those are the only two Ashkenazi subclades in K1a.

Regards,
    Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Mihajlo View Post
      Hi ! Yesterday, I had a failure notice about my FGS. They will rerun it and I have a new expected date for results (7/04/2011 now) Well I'm worried a little and to help myself to pass the time faster I would ask a precision : as a k1a+195C, which subclade could I possibly move or not ? Secondly, does anyone before me as a k1a+195C after a FGS has moved to a subclade which is ashkenazi jew ? Thank you by advance.
      Hi Mihajlo and all,

First, don't worry about the failure. They always get results eventually.

195C, being a recurrent mutation, can show up in almost any subclade. There are several which are partially defined by it. You don't have the required HVR1 mutations to be in K1a9 or K1a10. You might be in K1a13 which is just on PhyloTree as of now. There are several other small proposed subclades which are defined by 195C. But the most likely place for you would be the very large K1a4a1 subclade. I created the "K1a+195C" Subgroup because of the difficulty of predicting haplotypes such as yours.

Our three K Ashkenazi subclades all have either an HVR1 or HVR2 defining mutation. Of those, only K1a9 is partiallly defined by 195C. But unless they missed 16524G on your HVR1 test, that's out. So, no. However, someone can be Jewish in any subclade, even though there is a very high correlation with the Ashkenazi subclades.

Bill Hurst

Comment

Thanks a lot, J honey chuck and Mr HURST for the fast and the relevance of answers you gave me. I see on the k map that the k1a13 and some others subclade does not exist yet, is it because they are recent subclade ?

Comment

Originally posted by Mihajlo View Post
          Thanks a lot, J honey chuck and Mr HURST for the fast and the relevance of answers you gave me. I see on the k map that the k1a13 and some others subclade does not exist yet, is it because they are recent subclade ?
          Hi again Mihajlo and all,

Yes, K1a13 is new. It and K1a12 and some others have been added to the PhyloTree at http://www.phylotree.org/tree/subtree_U.htm based on new GenBank entries. FTDNA will eventually pick those up.

Bill Hurst

Comment

Fine, thank you very much.

Comment

Working...
            X