Pie graph

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pie graph

Is there a pie graph that showes what % I am of origins? I saw on a program on tv they were showing people what % they had of each origin they were.

Thanks
    Pam

Originally posted by pamelaw View Post
    Is there a pie graph that showes what % I am of origins? I saw on a program on tv they were showing people what % they had of each origin they were.

Thanks
    Pam
    Hi Pam,

I believe you are thinking of something like the 23andMe test where they say you are some % European, some African and some Asian. That's an autosomal DNA test. With mtDNA, since it only traces one of your lines, whatever you are, you are that 100%.

Bill Hurst

Comment

Hi Bill

What would the upgrade tell me? Would I fine a recent cousin? I am so frustrated tring to find out when my maternal gandmother's side came to America?

Thanks Pam

Comment

Hi Bill

What would the upgrade tell me? Would I fine a recent cousin? I am so frustrated tring to find out when my maternal gandmother's side came to America?

Thanks Pam
        Hi again Pam,

You might find a recent cousin with the 23andMe test. You might do better with the FTDNA Family Finder test, which is less expensive. Also, the FTDNA database has more people interested in genealogy. It won't give you the percentage, but is that really important? I doubt if either one would answer your specific question about when a specific ancestor came to America.

You could also upgrade with the mtDNA FGS test to confirm your subclade, which I've predicted with near certainly, and perhaps find family mutations which could connect you with maternal line cousins. In your subclade, that might be a long shot.

Bill Hurst

Comment

Hi Bill

Thanks Pam
          Have you searched at www.smgf.org and Genebase's DNAReunion?

Regards,
          Jim

Comment

Working...
          X