• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bill Hurst
    • Jun 2003

K Project reaches 400 members

Hi all,

The mtDNA Haplogroup K Project reached 400 members on April 5, 2007. A detailed report may be found at http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb..../kp400post.htm This report contains predicted subclades for almost all Project members. Also, there are 11 new maps for 11 subclades for the frequencies of the reported European maternal ancestral origins of members and their exact matches from the FTDNA database.

Bill Hurst
  • Bill Hurst
    • Jun 2003

Hi all,

I sent the following the K Project members yesterday. If you didn't get the e-mail, you probably need to update your address on your personal page.

I have made two changes to the maps document which I published a few days ago. See http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb..../kp400maps.htm

First, I have a new map for those in K1a with one or more pairs of 524 insertions, but without 195C. (Those with 195C are included in the K1a10 and Pre-K1a10 maps.) This group includes four of five Project members in subclade K1a4a1, since it's difficult if not impossible to separate that subclade from others who might be closer related to Pre-K1a10. For good measure, I also include a link for a new Fluxus diagram for this group.

Second, I have published a corrected version of the K1a1b1a map. I found some missing data which adds mainly to the percentages for Lithuania and Germany.

Once again, let me suggest that those with full-sequence results consider getting an analysis of your coding-region mutations done by Ann Turner at [email protected] Next, consider adding your full-sequence results anonymously to the federal GenBank database by contacting Linda Jonas at [email protected] . Adding your results will help when the next scientific paper on K is written. And you can match your results with those on GenBank from other scientific papers. Of the 43 such submissions so far from FTDNA customers, five are from K, which is well above our percentage of the population.

Recently I have been publishing some maps and charts using the PNG graphics format rather than the old JPG one. Let me know if you have problems viewing those.

Bill Hurst

Comment

Working...
    X