Quick question about my wife's C1c results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick question about my wife's C1c results

Hi, my wife's results came back as C1c, and in the video they prepared for her it said she was related to a Beothuk woman called Demasduit. When they say "related", do you know if they mean in the sense that everyone sharing her haplogroup has a common ancestor, or do they mean more closely related than this?
    Thanks in advance...

It means that everyone sharing her haplogroup and Demasduit share a common ancestor. It doesn't mean that she's a direct descendant of Demasduit. She's probably what you'd consider an "extremely distant cousin". I'm in group K. Our "mascot" is Ötzi the Iceman. Ötzi is a natural mummy of a man who lived between 3400 and 3100 BCE with an interesting story and pictures that you can see on Wikipedia. He was discovered in September 1991 at 3,210 meters (10,530 feet) on the border between Austria and Italy. He's Europe's oldest known natural human mummy.

Comment

Originally posted by Epiphyte View Post
      It means that everyone sharing her haplogroup and Demasduit share a common ancestor. It doesn't mean that she's a direct descendant of Demasduit. She's probably what you'd consider an "extremely distant cousin". I'm in group K. Our "mascot" is Ötzi the Iceman. Ötzi is a natural mummy of a man who lived between 3400 and 3100 BCE with an interesting story and pictures that you can see on Wikipedia. He was discovered in September 1991 at 3,210 meters (10,530 feet) on the border between Austria and Italy. He's Europe's oldest known natural human mummy.
      Gotcha, thanks. Yeah I know about Otzi, seems like a cool mascot to have. I'm waiting for my Big Y results so it's a shame they don't do that for the paternal results.

In any case, thanks for your answer. Most helpful

Comment

Originally posted by Epiphyte View Post
        Oh! What an exciting history of yours. A s to me, I still don't know

Comment

Working...
        X