Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KATM
    replied
    If you upgrade to the Full Mitochondrial Sequence (FMS) test, it may refine your H2a2a1 branch to a possible subclade (sub-branch) of H2a2a1, but only if you have the mutations that define a subclade in your branch. It is possible that you may remain classified as H2a2a1.

So, your subclade after upgrading may be H2a2a1a, H2a2a1b, H2a2a1c, etc., but you will not be H2a3 or in some other major branch of H, and you will not be classified as in a different haplogroup (U, T, K, etc.).

Leave a comment:

• Melissa122
    replied
    Originally posted by nunofreiresilva View Post
    Hello,

Having these mutations in CR (rCRS) 16519C 263G and 315.1C, knowing this would be h2a2a1, by testing the Coding Region will i have something completely different or just an extension of h2a2a1?

Thank you
    Hi, I believe 16519c is pretty common as I have that as well. I also have the 263g and 315.1c but I am haplogroup h1ag. From what I read the 16519 is to be typically ignored since so many people have it , I don't think it is a defining mutation for grouping. However, I am still learning all of this and new to genetics and genealogy.

Another poster sent me this article below, it explains mutations. Hope it helps!

https://dna-explained.com/2019/05/23...-numbers-mean/

Leave a comment:

• nunofreiresilva
    started a topic H2a2a1 on Control Region

H2a2a1 on Control Region

Hello,

Having these mutations in CR (rCRS) 16519C 263G and 315.1C, knowing this would be h2a2a1, by testing the Coding Region will i have something completely different or just an extension of h2a2a1?

Thank you
Working...
X