assistance in finding info about subclade H39b

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• assistance in finding info about subclade H39b

Hello, I'm a female who recently received my MTDNA results from Family Tree DNA. My result is H39b. I've been searching the internet, but not really finding much specific info about it. I know that it is a subclade of haplogroup H, which is apparently quite common (especially in Europe). The results also indicated that H39b's origins are from Britain and Ireland. I would like to know even more specifics about H39b, including if it is also considered to be common. I previously tested at 23andme, with a result of "H". Just plain ole haplogroup H, no numbers or letters after it. This was discouraging to find out that I was just lumped into the common big "H" group with no distinguishing subclades to at least make it somewhat interesting. Since Family Tree DNA was a more in depth search and result, I'm interested in finding out more about H39b. Any assistance at all would be appreciated. Thank you.

You may already have found some or all of these sources:
    • Eupedia's page for Haplogroup H (mtDNA), where it says for H39 (no description for H39b):
      H39: found in Ireland, Britain and Norway / found in the early Neolithic Sopot culutre in Hungary
    • And Haplogroup.org's page for H39b, where it says:
      Haplogroup H39b is a branch on the maternal tree of human kind. Its age is between 100 and 5,000 years (Behar et al., 2012b).
      and
      Summary
      Origin: Undetermined
      Mutations: T5892C
      Parent Branch: H39

The latter seems to describe a relatively young branch.

This six year old post at Anthropology ForumDiversity gives some more information, although he doesn't give sources. Part of his description for H39 (not H39b):
    We have two archaeological finds (ancient DNA), one from Denmark from the Roman Iron Age dated to around 200 AD (Melchior 2008), where it was estimated to have belonged to a female from the Scandinacian upper class.
    You might consider submitting your mtDNA FASTA file to GenBank, where it can be used for scientific research. If there are others with unique mutations that match any you have, a new subclade might be determined. Ian Logan has some information at his website about the submission process. Submissions to GenBank is how the mtDNA Phylotree grows.

Comment

Thanks KATM, very helpful!

Comment

Working...
      X