Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M23 question

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • M23 question

    Hi hope this is the right place, this is my first post on this site.

    Just got my Nat Geo (Helix) results. Showed I was all 99% European. Didn't say what the other 1% was.
    76 North Western
    10 North Eastern
    13 Southern & Italy

    It said my Maternal line was M23 but doesn't give any extra information on M23.

    From what I can find on the internet it seems to be a somewhat rare group related only to Madagascar.

    Can someone shine any more light on this for me. Also if I was to do a second test to get more detailed results which one would you recommend.

    Thanks
    Guy.

  • #2
    Hi Guy,

    Yes, M23 is linked to Madagascar, from where it was distributed to the Americas with the Transatlantic Salve Trade, as well as to Comoros, Reunion, South Africa, St Helen, Arabia, etc.

    The best analysis for mtDNA is the full mtDNA from FTDNA.

    BEst,

    Claudio

    Comment

    Working...
    X